Did you mean: 

Bought s9+ used , but strange black circle appeared

(Topic created on: 28-09-2020 02:40 PM)
bob79
Journeyman
Options

P1140951.JPG

HI,

I just bought a used 9 plus in good condition with no cracks or burning/ghosting. But When today when i decided to set it up and transfer data from my old phone. This perfect back circle appeared?? Anyone know what it is???

Many thanks Bob

P1140950.JPG

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Did it disappear when you moved to next step of set up...
0 Likes
bob79
Journeyman
Options

I bought the phone and had  good look at it ,there was no black dot. I was busy all weekend so switched phone on today and it was there. I just did a factory reset and its still there. I havent gone any further yet.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
try setting the phone up fully.
0 Likes
bob79
Journeyman
Options

OK i`ll get back if its still there . I looked at the  recently uploaded images on this forum and there is a photo posted  that appears to have a similar black circle/dot but on the other side to mine. The image by user Gillainfulcher1 on the 5th August but that was about a different subject.

0 Likes
bob79
Journeyman
Options

Havent transfered my data from old phone but have been right through set up and its still there . A bit annoying as its right over the  up arrow on the sms keyboard.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
maybe take to a Samsung repair centre and see if they have any advice or solution..
0 Likes
bob79
Journeyman
Options

What does it look like to you??

To me it doesnt look like a pixel problem but a sort of rogue icon or something. 😀

0 Likes
Deano89
Navigator
Options
is it definitely the screen or is it something stuck under the screen protector
0 Likes
bob79
Journeyman
Options

Its looks to be definitely the screen , the screen protector is just one of those tempered glass peel and stick ones(not the uv glue type). Its a perfect circle and jet black like some sort of icon.

0 Likes