Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth disconnects from car.

(Topic created on: 03-07-2019 06:09 PM)
razmyster
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

When I first received my S9 just under a year ago the bluetooth connection to my car, Land Rover Discovery Sport, was working perfectly fine until the major upgrade just after Christmas 2019.

Apologies I have no idea about the tech jargon so bare with me.

Since the upgrade my phone connects then disconnects itself from my car and I'm really very upset about it. I've tried unpairing, resetting, reconnecting and all that but still the problem occurs. 

Can someone please help otherwise I will have to give up on this phone.

Thanks

razmyster

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options
@razmyster: Sorry to hear you're having issues with your Bluetooth connection. To address any potential compatibility issues, you may wish to contact Land Rover directly to ask about any updates to their on board system in line with the recent Pie update. In the meantime try going to Settings > Apps > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Show System Apps > Bluetooth > Storage > Clear Cache > Restart the device.
Bobsalot
Explorer
Options

Try installing Bluetooth Phonebook from the App store, that fixed the issue on my 16 plate Disco Sport.

razmyster
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

@AndrewL

Thank you so much for your reply.

I have tried what you suggested about clearing the the cache etc but unfortunately that had no effect. It still disconnects.

I will have go to the dealer and ask for an update to the system hope fully that will sort it.

Thank you once again.

0 Likes
razmyster
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

Thank you so much for replying.

0 Likes
razmyster
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

@Bobsalot

Thank you for your reply.
I have done just that. I downloaded the suggested app and it actually seems to work. My phone stays connected.
So lovely to hear music and calls uninterrupted via the car from my phone.
The downside is though that it drains the battery life of the phone because its constantly on (the app I mean).
For now however this is a temporary solution.
I will have to go back to the dealers and try to sort it out with a permanent solution. We shouldn't have to even use a separate app to solve a problem that shouldn't happen in the first place especially in this day and age of technological advancements.
Surely a simple bluetooth connection isn't that difficult to sort with updates.
Anyway thank you very much for your reply.

Fnord
Apprentice
Options
FYI: I was able to solve the issue by installing this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android_rsap.irmc
"Bluetooth Phonebook" by android-rsap.com.
0 Likes