Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

Bluetooth audio not working from Google Play Music

(Topic created on: 19-08-2018 01:08 PM)
RichieRich
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

My Galaxy S9+ used to work with my car stereo and bluetooth headphones, but in the past month, it has stopped working.

The device is paired, and connected via bluetooth, and I can play music using Amazon and also YouTube, so it's not a fault with the bluetooth device, nor an issue with the connection.

However, the audio from Google Play Music is always directed to the phone's speaker.

I also have a Samsung Galaxy S7, which works perfectly with both bluetooth devices.

WHAT I'VE TRIED SO FAR

1. Rebooting my phone

2. Switching on/off the bluetooth devices

3. Unpair / Reboot / Pair the bluetooth devices

The fact that it works with Amazon Music and YouTube, implies to me that it's a problem with the Google Play app.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
RichieRich
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I have a solution.

There are two settings that need to be tweaked.

The first is found here...

Settings->Sounds and Vibration->Separate app sound

Originally, this was set 'On' and as soon as I turned it 'Off' I was able to hear music on my headphones.

The second setting is here...

Open Samsung SmartThings app

On the top right of the screen, there are 3 dots, tap them, and choose 'Settings'

At the top, there is a setting called 'SmartThings Panel' if this is off, turn it on

Once it's on, a little panel is displayed, if you have 'Separate App Sounds' switched on, there will be a little speaker icon on the SmartThings panel, which lets you choose which output device to use. 

You should be able to turn the 'SmartThings panel' off once you've got it working, but I needed to turn it on to select my headphones.

View solution in context

9 REPLIES 9
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Hi @RichieRich

It seems as though streaming services are syncing fine with your headphones however your personal library of music is having issues. You may wish to try moving a few of your songs into the Google Play Music library to see if you are able to receive these tunes through your Bluetooth headset. If you can then, although it's not ideal, you may wish to import your whole music collection to Google Play Music as means of working around the issue.
0 Likes
RichieRich
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I'm not sure what you mean by moving songs to my Google Play Music Library.. these songs are already in my library.

0 Likes
Solution
RichieRich
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I have a solution.

There are two settings that need to be tweaked.

The first is found here...

Settings->Sounds and Vibration->Separate app sound

Originally, this was set 'On' and as soon as I turned it 'Off' I was able to hear music on my headphones.

The second setting is here...

Open Samsung SmartThings app

On the top right of the screen, there are 3 dots, tap them, and choose 'Settings'

At the top, there is a setting called 'SmartThings Panel' if this is off, turn it on

Once it's on, a little panel is displayed, if you have 'Separate App Sounds' switched on, there will be a little speaker icon on the SmartThings panel, which lets you choose which output device to use. 

You should be able to turn the 'SmartThings panel' off once you've got it working, but I needed to turn it on to select my headphones.

View solution in context

Aleckb
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Solution 1 worked for me thanks
0 Likes
CLB
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I have the same problem with my S7 edge will that solution work on this too?

0 Likes
Nesty
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Many thanks , first setting worked for me 👍🏼👍🏼

0 Likes
silhilliian
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

i have this problem in my car - bluetooth is fine but no music playing.  i don't have that setting in smart things though.  and i did the sound thing also, still nothing.

does anyone know what to do?

0 Likes
Kerappo
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Having the same problem with brand new Galaxy A40 EE phone. "All other" streams OK to my BT devices except when I make a voice call via SIM. I can hear the initial three beeps "call starting" via the BT device but then the sound is transferred to the phone. In the phone during the call I only have the two options, keeping the phone at my ear or using the speaker phone option. But no option to transfer it back to the BT device. Tried this with three different BT devices. I have done the same test with Samsung J5 - 2017 and it works fine with the telephone app too. What can be the problem? I have tried the tricks mentioned in this topic with no luck.

0 Likes
Shawna Russell
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Thank you very much, everything that I can help you with هنا.

0 Likes