Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black/green screen

(Topic created on: 04-08-2020 03:44 PM)
Mady
First Poster
Options

Hi, the screen on my S9 goes black with a flickering green line at the top and takes ages to clear. When this happens I can't do anything with the phone so just have to leave it for 5/10 minutes. This happens several times a day. Also sometimes if I am writing a text or email the background is a greeny/brown colour but I can send the email/text however if my phone then rings I am unable to answer it. I'm feeling fed up as my phone is only 2 years old. Can anyone help please?

3 REPLIES 3
Mrbobbyboo
Explorer
Options
maby you broke the LCD? that what I think
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Mady: Can you try pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons together until the S9 restarts, as this will refresh the software and address any temporary issues that might be a contributing factor. If the issue persists, restart the phone in Safe Mode and monitor the performance for a few hours. If the issue is not present in Safe Mode, restart the phone as you would normally and delete any recently installed 3rd party applications. 

To access Safe Mode, press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release > Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release > To confirm, tap Safe mode > With Safe Mode enabled, ensure Airplane Mode is turned off.

0 Likes
AUSAMA47
First Poster
Options
mostly it's problem with the screen
0 Likes