Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain

(Topic created on: 15-05-2021 12:17 PM)
NBrearley
First Poster
Options

I thought I would let others be aware that I had a problem on my otherwise totally reliable S9 after the recent software update (installed May 3rd 2021). This is labelled as a March 23rd update in the software information.

Immediately after the update, the battery life went from 5 days to 5 hours!! In fact the phone casing became warm to touch because the processor was working so hard. After a lot of messing about with settings and clearing Apps caches (esp. Google play store) I finally fixed it by clearing the cache partition on the boot-up menu (which is not easy if you are not especially tech savvy).

Now 3 days later, batter life and consumption back to old levels. So just be aware if you experience the same problem as me. Neil

10 REPLIES 10
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Thanks for the warning Neil. I will keep this in my mind if my ever faithful Note 9 second phone receives any update shortly. 👍👍
0 Likes
Peng82
Journeyman
Options
Could you provide a walk through for those who are not tech savvy..... ta
Fivestarfranky
First Poster
Options
Having the same problem Neil, Any chance of a step by step walk through for us mere mortals 😀👍
0 Likes
SusuAl
Apprentice
Options
Same here and I just updated my software afew days ago and now I'm having the same issue
0 Likes
milk2sugarsplz
Explorer
Options
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
May update for the S21U isn't great either. Hit or miss somedays it seems good but most days it's bad.
0 Likes
Vavalgia
Apprentice
Options

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but this is only a temporary fix and it will start to heat up and waste battery again trust me I've done this on 3 s9 devices now and all have returned to there draining state and repeating the cache wipe does not fix it. I've searched and there is a may 2021 update/fix in the us but it hasn't hit the UK yet 😡 

SusuAl
Apprentice
Options
Same here I'm trying to sort it out with Samsung as the fault is from them
0 Likes
Vavalgia
Explorer
Options
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s9-series/why-haven-t-i-got-the-may-1st-update/td-p/34926...

This is my other post, seems that we need the may security update to fix this.... I still fricking waiting for it to drop for me angry.