Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain and slow charging

(Topic created on: 02-11-2021 07:42 AM)
BDLhouston
First Poster
Options

So i have had my galaxy s9 for around a year, and usually my battery works fine, but recently My battery has been draining (i think, 1% lost in 2-3 minutes) and whenever i plug my phone into the charger (had for a few months) instead of saying the usual 3hrs 20 minutes from 1%, it says 5-9 hours, i am not sure if this is a glitch or a genuine problem with my battery.

4 REPLIES 4
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
There might be a problem with the battery, but just to be sure, remove if any unneccessary processes that are running in the background, as this can contribute to battery drainage most of the time.

Also, try wiping the cache partition of the phone and see if that solves the issue. To do this, just search 'how to wipe cache partition S9' and you should find what you are looking for 😁. Good luck! 🙂
0 Likes
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
In addition, see my post regarding battery tips to improve performance of your smartphone below 🤓.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/smartphone-efficiency-battery-storage-saving-tips...
0 Likes
Shelley123
Voyager
Options
My son had the same problem with his s10+, shortly after his battery started to swell pushing the back glass, he took it to a phone shop and had the battery changed its now working as normal,
0 Likes
2old4this
Pioneer
Options
How much was battery
0 Likes