Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Automatic emoticons

(Topic created on: 05-05-2018 08:19 AM)
AJB
Student
Options

Just moved over to Samsung for the first time,  it may just be a setting I'm not used to.

When I used to type messages on my Sony phones , let's say I typed 'horse' then the phone would put in an emoticon of a horse to choose if I wished. 

Can my S9 do this rather than having to go FIND  emoticons 

29 REPLIES 29
absNZ
Student
Options

Apologies, I wasn't suggesting to input all emoji's but rather a work around for the most used emoticons a person uses. I imagine Samsung will eventually provide the ability to use automatic replacement of words with emoticons in an update. My manual solution is only a work around until it becomes able to do so automatically.

0 Likes
Simonde
First Poster
Options

I just upgraded my Note 4 to a Note 9 and I miss this so much! Please bring it back Samsung.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
My Note 4 is kind of on nearly dead stage & I borrowed an S7 Edge temporarily. It has the same issue. Later I tried out the N9, Tab S4 h S10+ as found out they also changed the keyboards layouts in the same way as the S7 edge. This also put me off buying any of newer devices from Samsung. It truly is a shame things went backwards with the keyboard over the years. I also would like to suggest they return the emoji suggestions to us + old keyboard layout for symbols.
AlanCampbell
First Poster
Options

I moved from iPhone to S9. I'm surprised Samsung don't have such a ubiquitous feature. A mark down for the S9 versus iPhone. 

0 Likes
kazaroona
First Poster
Options

This is crazy considering what a new phone it is... I know it might seem like frivolous functionality but I use social media a lot at work and it was so handy. Bring it back samsung! I miss it from my Sony... To the point I googled and found myself here!

Hooooves
Apprentice
Options

Why ws this removed? It was on my Note 4 keyboard but not my S9.  GREAT FEATURE!

Chari72
Apprentice
Options

Has this been updated yet? I would hate to leave the Samsung community but, I LOVE this feature.

Hooooves
Apprentice
Options

Just download swiftkey app.  It works perfectly.

0 Likes
Arya1999
Pioneer
Options

The emoticons work perfectly, the rest of your sentences weel lk likeeee dis. It's appalling.

0 Likes