Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

April security patch has broken the Night Mode theme. Notifications are now white and other bright colors.

(Topic created on: 15-05-2019 05:43 AM)
Liengher
First Poster
Options
Spoiler
Night Mode is not working on some notifications after April 1st security update.

It used to be all notifications were dark and that was it. But now several notifications have decided to go their own way and don't follow the theme, making it inconsistent, ugly, and disfuncional. 

After installing the April security update for Android Pie (only because I didn't enjoy the constant nagging of the update notification) some (not all) of my notifications turned white (mostly weather apps) and other colors (clock is now purple).

I have tried restarting the phone, uninstalling and re-installing the apps in question, turning dark mode on and off again, and turning GoodLock's QuickStar on and off. But nothing has worked. These notitifications used to be either dark (when Quick Star wasn't enabled) or transparent (with Quick Star) but now they're often white (even though System settings and Bluetooth and Sound dialogues are all dark) or some other color, on some you can't even read the text. 

I'd like to know if this is a bug, if this is a case of Dark Theme not working as intended. Or if this is how it's meant to be from this update onwards. 

0 Likes
0 REPLIES 0