Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps Won't Update. App Installation is temperamental

(Topic created on: 14-01-2020 09:02 PM)
rj_whitehouse
First Poster
Options

I've had my S9 for about a year, and it has started to have real trouble installing and updating apps from Play Store. It either sticks on pending, or more usual it gets to 99% then just stops and does nothing.

I've factory reset my phone multiple times, and even the Samsung shop did a flash reset, but after about a day it did the same thing without installing many apps.

Apps usually do install randomly after a day or so of waiting, but updating never seems to work. I've used multiple different wifi's and tried downloading on mobile data and the same thing happens.

Downloading podcasts etc seems to be fine, and I'm lost as to what to try. Is it the phone, or could my google account be broken somehow?

I've even tried debugging in Android Studio but there are so many logs it's impossible to work out what I'm looking for.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@rj_whitehouse wrote:

I've had my S9 for about a year, and it has started to have real trouble installing and updating apps from Play Store. It either sticks on pending, or more usual it gets to 99% then just stops and does nothing.

I've factory reset my phone multiple times, and even the Samsung shop did a flash reset, but after about a day it did the same thing without installing many apps.

Apps usually do install randomly after a day or so of waiting, but updating never seems to work. I've used multiple different wifi's and tried downloading on mobile data and the same thing happens.

Downloading podcasts etc seems to be fine, and I'm lost as to what to try. Is it the phone, or could my google account be broken somehow?

I've even tried debugging in Android Studio but there are so many logs it's impossible to work out what I'm looking for.

If multiple factory resets and flashes won't help then either the device hardware is broken or a third party app creates havoc. Start into the safe mode, can you install better then ?

https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-your-device-in-safe-mode/

0 Likes
NUFC1892
Apprentice
Options

did you fix your problem? i have the s9+ android 10 and have just started having the same problem with apps in the Google play store. I seem to have fixed it for now although I had to reset my wireless settings on my phone and then reset my router settings and it was fine. this has only started since updating to android 10! also my wifi keeps on disconnecting itself since the update and never ever had any problems before updating! 

0 Likes