Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps crashing on my Samsung S9+ Secure Folder whenever I take a screenshot

(Topic created on: 08-07-2021 03:09 AM)
olu90
Student
Options

Hello,

I recently updated my S9+ on the 14th March 2021 (g965fxxsffub3) and I noticed that whenever I take a screenshot on my phone and try sharing it via any app (WhatsApp, Instagram) in my secure folder, the App crashes and stops working. I get error messages such as "WhatsApp keeps stopping" or "Instagram keeps stopping".

I have cleared the cache for these Apps whenever this happens but it doesn't solve the issue.

The Apps in my secure folder only get to work after I must have restarted the phone.

N.B: This issue doesn't happen to the other Apps(WhatsApp & Instagram) I have outside the secure folder. Reason I know it is a secure folder problem.

I will appreciate if anyone can help as it frustrating having to restart my phone every time I take a screenshot just to use an App in my Secure folder.

Thanks

72 REPLIES 72
connor m
Journeyman
Options

Thanks so much .  While i's frustrating this issue hasn't been fixed, I can CONFIRM THIS THE ONLY RELIABLE WORKAROUND.  Clearing the clipboard inside secure folder after taking a screenshot indeed allows me to reopen the text input field on a app, and it does not crash.  This is a PITA, but it's better than having to reboot the phone.

To all on the thread, try this, and see if it also works for you

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

This happens to my Note 9 as well. Upgraded the firmware on June 1 2021 from my wireless carrier to N960WVLU8FUE1. App is still crashing in secured folder after taken a screenshot. The only work around is get out of secured folder and access your clipboard. You don't need to empty your clipboard in case you want to use the screenshot.

Shambhavi Verma
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same problem has started in my Galaxy A10 device after March 2021 update, whenever I take screenshots of the apps in secure folder, it says that the certain app is not responding unless I restart my phone. Several time battery drainage occurs. I'm still searching for its solution.

Apps crashing
First Poster
Options

Having same issue with my samsung j6+

PhillS1
First Poster
Options

I've been asking around to check this wasn't just my device and I can confirm this exact same issue on: 4x S9, 3x S9+ and 3x Note9.

I was able to confirm that for all 10 phones a restart fixed the problem, and on 3 of them either disabling the smart capture or changing from PNG to JPG screenshots was successful in dealing with it temporarily.

On my device I can confirm that clearing the clipboard stops the crashes.

This thread is 3 months old now and the extend of evidence would indicate that it's a definitive issue which appeared after an update at some point earlier this year. Samsung, I hope to see this patched in next months update. If not, it really should be considered a breach of consumer protections for breaking advertised features of the device.

bonkmaykrQ
Journeyman
Options

It doesn't seem to break for me anymore. Crashes have prettymuch entirely stopped. I don't recall ever updating though... Must've slipped on by.

Is everyone else still having this problem? I'll keep poking around for a few days and see if it's truly fixed.

0 Likes
brainlord
First Poster
Options

unfortunately, I regret to report that the problem continues, at least on my Notes9. the only viable workaround is clearing the clipboard. my sec patch lvl is June 1, 2021.

bonkmaykrQ
Journeyman
Options

same here. still happening. less often, for whatever reason, but still.

0 Likes
pikalee
Journeyman
Options

Still happening for me as well. Just happened not even 10 minutes ago 

0 Likes
bonkmaykrQ
Journeyman
Options

I began using Aliucord recently, and it comes with a crash logger so you can track down troublesome mods to your Discord client and remove them.

This is the output of the most recent crash caused by this Secure Folder bug, hopefully it will help pinpoint what's causing this:

java.lang.SecurityException: No access to content://com.sec.android.semclipboardprovider/images: neither user 15010353 nor current process has android.permission.INTERACT_ACROSS_USERS_FULL or android.permission.INTERACT_ACROSS_USERS  at android.os.Parcel.createException(Parcel.java:2088)  at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:2056)  at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:2004)  at android.sec.clipboard.IClipboardService$Stub$Proxy.getClipData(IClipboardService.java:959)  at com.samsung.android.content.clipboard.SemClipboardManager.getLatestClip(SemClipboardManager.java:609)  at android.widget.EditText.updateClipboardFilter(EditText.java:316)  at android.view.inputmethod.InputMethodManager.startInputInner(InputMethodManager.java:2131)  at android.view.inputmethod.InputMethodManager.checkFocus(InputMethodManager.java:2452)  at android.view.inputmethod.InputMethodManager.viewClicked(InputMethodManager.java:2785)  at android.widget.TextView.viewClicked(TextView.java:14425)  at android.widget.TextView.onTouchEvent(TextView.java:12046)  at android.view.View.dispatchTouchEvent(View.java:14368)  at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchTransformedTouchEvent(ViewGroup.java:3863)  at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchTouchEvent(ViewGroup.java:3551)  at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchTransformedTouchEvent(ViewGroup.java:3863)  at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchTouchEvent(ViewGroup.java:3551)  at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchTransformedTouchEvent(ViewGroup.java:3863)  at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchTouchEvent(ViewGroup.java:3551)  at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchTransformedTouchEvent(ViewGroup.java:3863)  at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchTouchEvent(ViewGroup.java:3551)  at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchTransformedTouchEvent(ViewGroup.java:3863)  at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchTouchEvent(ViewGroup.java:3551)  at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchTransformedTouchEvent(ViewGroup.java:3863)  at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchTouchEvent(ViewGroup.java:3551)  at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchTransformedTouchEvent(ViewGroup.java:3863)  at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchTouchEvent(ViewGroup.java:3551)  at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchTransformedTouchEvent(ViewGroup.java:3863)  at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchTouchEvent(ViewGroup.java:3551)  at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchTransformedTouchEvent(ViewGroup.java:3863)  at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchTouchEvent(ViewGroup.java:3551)  at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchTransformedTouchEvent(ViewGroup.java:3863)  at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchTouchEvent(ViewGroup.java:3551)  at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchTransformedTouchEvent(ViewGroup.java:3863)  at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchTouchEvent(ViewGroup.java:3551)  at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchTransformedTouchEvent(ViewGroup.java:3863)  at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchTouchEvent(ViewGroup.java:3551)  at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchTransformedTouchEvent(ViewGroup.java:3863)  at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchTouchEvent(ViewGroup.java:3551)  at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchTransformedTouchEvent(ViewGroup.java:3863)  at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchTouchEvent(ViewGroup.java:3551)  at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchTransformedTouchEvent(ViewGroup.java:3863)  at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchTouchEvent(ViewGroup.java:3551)  at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchTransformedTouchEvent(ViewGroup.java:3863)  at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchTouchEvent(ViewGroup.java:3551)  at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchTransformedTouchEvent(ViewGroup.java:3863)  at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchTouchEvent(ViewGroup.java:3551)  at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchTransformedTouchEvent(ViewGroup.java:3863)  at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchTouchEvent(ViewGroup.java:3551)  at com.android.internal.policy.DecorView.superDispatchTouchEvent(DecorView.java:770)  at com.android.internal.policy.PhoneWindow.superDispatchTouchEvent(PhoneWindow.java:1952)  at android.app.Activity.dispatchTouchEvent(Activity.java:4038)  at androidx.appcompat.view.WindowCallbackWrapper.dispatchTouchEvent(WindowCallbackWrapper.java:1)  at com.android.internal.policy.DecorView.dispatchTouchEvent(DecorView.java:728)  at android.view.View.dispatchPointerEvent(View.java:14636)  at android.view.ViewRootImpl$ViewPostImeInputStage.processPointerEvent(ViewRootImpl.java:6579)  at android.view.ViewRootImpl$ViewPostImeInputStage.onProcess(ViewRootImpl.java:6357)  at android.view.ViewRootImpl$InputStage.deliver(ViewRootImpl.java:5793)  at android.view.ViewRootImpl$InputStage.onDeliverToNext(ViewRootImpl.java:5846)  at android.view.ViewRootImpl$InputStage.forward(ViewRootImpl.java:5812)  at android.view.ViewRootImpl$AsyncInputStage.forward(ViewRootImpl.java:5968)  at android.view.ViewRootImpl$InputStage.apply(ViewRootImpl.java:5820)  at android.view.ViewRootImpl$AsyncInputStage.apply(ViewRootImpl.java:6025)  at android.view.ViewRootImpl$InputStage.deliver(ViewRootImpl.java:5793)  at android.view.ViewRootImpl$InputStage.onDeliverToNext(ViewRootImpl.java:5846)  at android.view.ViewRootImpl$InputStage.forward(ViewRootImpl.java:5812)  at android.view.ViewRootImpl$InputStage.apply(ViewRootImpl.java:5820)  at android.view.ViewRootImpl$InputStage.deliver(ViewRootImpl.java:5793)  at android.view.ViewRootImpl.deliverInputEvent(ViewRootImpl.java:9029)  at android.view.ViewRootImpl.doProcessInputEvents(ViewRootImpl.java:8886)  at android.view.ViewRootImpl.enqueueInputEvent(ViewRootImpl.java:8839)  at android.view.ViewRootImpl$WindowInputEventReceiver.onInputEvent(ViewRootImpl.java:9166)  at android.view.InputEventReceiver.dispatchInputEvent(InputEventReceiver.java:194)  at android.os.MessageQueue.nativePollOnce(Native Method)  at android.os.MessageQueue.next(MessageQueue.java:336)  at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:197)  at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:8167)  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)  at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:496)  at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1100) Caused by: android.os.RemoteException: Remote stack trace:  at com.android.server.content.ContentService.handleIncomingUser(ContentService.java:1355)  at com.android.server.content.ContentService.registerContentObserver(ContentService.java:355)  at android.content.ContentResolver.registerContentObserver(ContentResolver.java:2270)  at android.database.AbstractCursor.setNotificationUris(AbstractCursor.java:447)  at android.database.AbstractCursor.setNotificationUris(AbstractCursor.java:422) 

Samsung please see this!

0 Likes