Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps crashing on my Samsung S9+ Secure Folder whenever I take a screenshot

(Topic created on: 06-05-2021 06:24 AM)
olu90
Student
Options

Hello,

I recently updated my S9+ on the 14th March 2021 (g965fxxsffub3) and I noticed that whenever I take a screenshot on my phone and try sharing it via any app (WhatsApp, Instagram) in my secure folder, the App crashes and stops working. I get error messages such as "WhatsApp keeps stopping" or "Instagram keeps stopping".

I have cleared the cache for these Apps whenever this happens but it doesn't solve the issue.

The Apps in my secure folder only get to work after I must have restarted the phone.

N.B: This issue doesn't happen to the other Apps(WhatsApp & Instagram) I have outside the secure folder. Reason I know it is a secure folder problem.

I will appreciate if anyone can help as it frustrating having to restart my phone every time I take a screenshot just to use an App in my Secure folder.

Thanks

72 REPLIES 72
Skyman227
Apprentice
Options

Is it working? And if yes, then how do you take screenshots now?

0 Likes
Skyman227
Apprentice
Options

Im using note 9 too. And I'm a lil disappointed with Samsung not paying attention to their flagship phone users

0 Likes
SeanHearnden
Journeyman
Options
Yeah I know, in the end I have just moved WhatsApp out of the secure folder for the time being which has resolved the issue.
0 Likes
CamiloVelasquez
Apprentice
Options

The solution for me was open another app outside of the secure folder like WhatsApp and open the keyboard, after that my apps in my secure folder works

0 Likes
Skyman227
Apprentice
Options

I tried it and it worked for me too but we won't settle for this inconvenience. @samsung should have done something about this issue weeks back. Really disappointed

0 Likes
koikoi
Apprentice
Options

This is terrible. I also experienced the same issue. My samsung keyboard never shows up when I touch the "search bar" or "text bar" in every app in Secure Folder. Then the app suddenly crashes. 

This only happens in apps within secure folder. Outside the secure folder, everything is still working fine.

I am using Samsung Galaxy A8 Star, a midrange phone from Samsung launched in 2018. Got this issue after updating the phone with May 2021 patch. Previously, I never encountered this kind of problem.

At first, I restarted the phone to fix this issue. But the crashes keep happening.

Samsung should fix this issue ASAP. It brings inconvenience to their smartphone users.

0 Likes
TwissBW
First Poster
Options

Hi. I had the same problem. I ended up giving up and setting up Whatsapp outside secure folder and ever since, it has never crashed.

0 Likes
Tasoo
First Poster
Options

Exatly the same problem; any app using keybord in secure folder cause app crash. only samsung note not crashing for me . Any solution ?

0 Likes
koikoi
Apprentice
Options

the only temporary solution based on my experiments is

NEVER take any screenshot when you are in your secure folder.

if you take a screenshot inside the secure folder, then you start to type in telegram, whatsapp, etc, right before the on-screen keyboard shows up, the app will crash.

pikalee
Journeyman
Options

Unfortunately this doesn't work for me - anything inside secure folder will crash after a screenshot even if i don't have secure folder open or unlocked at the time

0 Likes