Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps crashing on my Samsung S9+ Secure Folder whenever I take a screenshot

(Topic created on: 24-04-2021 02:34 PM)
olu90
Student
Options

Hello,

I recently updated my S9+ on the 14th March 2021 (g965fxxsffub3) and I noticed that whenever I take a screenshot on my phone and try sharing it via any app (WhatsApp, Instagram) in my secure folder, the App crashes and stops working. I get error messages such as "WhatsApp keeps stopping" or "Instagram keeps stopping".

I have cleared the cache for these Apps whenever this happens but it doesn't solve the issue.

The Apps in my secure folder only get to work after I must have restarted the phone.

N.B: This issue doesn't happen to the other Apps(WhatsApp & Instagram) I have outside the secure folder. Reason I know it is a secure folder problem.

I will appreciate if anyone can help as it frustrating having to restart my phone every time I take a screenshot just to use an App in my Secure folder.

Thanks

72 REPLIES 72
StephBM
First Poster
Options

I am still having this issue and have tried all of the suggestions . but no luck, when is Samsung planning on fixing this bug ??

Ayman_N
Apprentice
Options

I have Galaxy Note 9 and I have the same problem after last update, samsung support offer me to wipe cash (it did didn't work), then they offer me to format my phone (also didn't work), last thing they offer me to send my phone to service center!!!!

Hello Samsung, 

Please send new update with a fix, i don't want to send my phone to service center for a week or more.

0 Likes
SeanHearnden
Journeyman
Options
Yeah I'm on the note9 and I'm also having this problem and the work around that people have mentioned didn't resolve it for me.
monroevee
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem here in my Note9. Really frustrated. 

Please fix the issue asap.

pikalee
Journeyman
Options

Having the same issue here as well. At first it was only every once in a while, and usually if I left the secure folder app alone, it would work again after a couple of minutes. Now it is consistently happening after every screenshot and nothing I do will get the app to work again until I restart my phone. 

I've attempted the workarounds listed here to no avail. Has Samsung acknowledged this at all? A month is a LONG time to leave something unattended. 

TinyRu
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problem. Also started after march update. Any solutions have been found to solve this problem?

PauloLX
Journeyman
Options

There was already one software update since all this began, and the problem persists. What are Samsung waiting for to fix this? Are they not aware of what is happening? This is getting ridiculous.

connor m
Journeyman
Options

I agree!  @Samsung, is there anyone monitoring this thread?  An official acknowledgement that the problem is being looked into would be nice??

Dynamitethat
First Poster
Options
I have a note 9 and i am experiencing the exact same thing and it is very frustrating. I will try the screenshot settings to see if that helps at all.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Personally, I don't really care anymore if this gets fixed or not as I will switch to iPhone anyway this year.

However, the software engineer in me comes out and I really wanted to know the issue. It seems to be an issue connected to the clipboard somehow. If it gets too "full" for example with screenshots, then the bug appears and the apps force-close when focusing a text input field. Why this only occurs in the secure folder and not outside is still a mystery to me.

UPDATE on how to fix this WITHOUT restarting the phone:

If you encounter the problem again, delete all items in your clipboard.

For example, go to the Files app, then go to the search bar and long-press so the clipboard option opens. Delete all items with the trashbin icon in the bottom-right corner and the apps do not crash anymore. If the clipboard gets too "full" again with screenshots, then the problem comes again, so you should regularly empty your clipboard.