Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps crashing on my Samsung S9+ Secure Folder whenever I take a screenshot

(Topic created on: 30-03-2021 04:45 PM)
olu90
Student
Options

Hello,

I recently updated my S9+ on the 14th March 2021 (g965fxxsffub3) and I noticed that whenever I take a screenshot on my phone and try sharing it via any app (WhatsApp, Instagram) in my secure folder, the App crashes and stops working. I get error messages such as "WhatsApp keeps stopping" or "Instagram keeps stopping".

I have cleared the cache for these Apps whenever this happens but it doesn't solve the issue.

The Apps in my secure folder only get to work after I must have restarted the phone.

N.B: This issue doesn't happen to the other Apps(WhatsApp & Instagram) I have outside the secure folder. Reason I know it is a secure folder problem.

I will appreciate if anyone can help as it frustrating having to restart my phone every time I take a screenshot just to use an App in my Secure folder.

Thanks

72 REPLIES 72
PauloLX
Journeyman
Options

Thanks. Just tried it. Hope it works, but I'll have to keep monitoring it for a bit to see if the crashes still happen.

Members_GEsCLxl
First Poster
Options

Yes I'm also having it on my secure folder mainly when I open apps such as Snapchat and take a screen shot it will throw me out the app and say app crashed.. and won't let me send feedback says I'm not connected to the Internet.. but when I go back in the app it will open fine until I click a message to open then it will throw me out the app again and crash.. I found  Clearing the cache works on the apps that does it but its just a nightmare all together needs fixing ASAP come on samsung 

PauloLX
Journeyman
Options

Now my instagram app started to crash as soon as I open it even OUTSIDE of the secure folder. I am getting so sick of all this.

PauloLX
Journeyman
Options

I tried disabling the screenshot toolbar and it seemed to work for a while (my screenshot format was already set for JPG), but everything's crashing again, and now instagram started to crash even outside of the secure folder too. This is a rght mess, Samsung really needs to get their act together and solve this.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Ok, my Instagram app was also crashing suddenly outside secure folder, but this is a separate issue. Go to play store and install the newest update. After that, Instagram works again.

bonkmaykrQ
Journeyman
Options

Okay,  after a brief bit of testing, I've concluded that the above solution I mentioned is unfortunately only temporary. It has helped me a lot, usually it takes a couple or few screenshots in a row now to actually cause problems. Definitely an improvement over before,  although I still have to reset my keyboard every now and then to stop things from crashing. Let me know if any of you are experiencing the same thing. Samsung really needs to fix this

connor m
Journeyman
Options

OMG I'm so glad I found this thread. I upgraded to the latest security patch in late march and since then my phone as been crashing repeatedly, after reading this thread I can confirm it is happening with almost all apps inside secure folder.  I'm running a samsung galaxy note 9

As other have said, to reproduce the behavior (consistently)

1. take a screenshot on the phone, anywhere

2. open secure folder

3. open almost any app that has a text input field (snapchat is a great example)

4. Crash!!!  reopen same app.. Crash!  Try to send error report, CRASH!

5. reboot phone..

6. everything works fine again, until you take another screen shot

ugh 😞

Samsung What did you do??? 

OMG please fix this!! I've had no issues with my phone like this ever until the latest security update. Roll it back until this can be resolved?  Is there a way we can roll back to the previous software??

PTMW
Journeyman
Options

it's annoying and not fixed. These workaround helps a bit but its not completely solved and still occurs sometimes

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Yes, I confirm. The workaround with disabling the screenshot toolbar is really just temporary.

The app crashes happen again after some time.

@Samsung Please look into this.

connor m
Journeyman
Options

Not sure how much it will help, but I submitted support ticket# 1143171842 to Samsung regarding apps crashing in secure folder after taking a screenshot , after applying the March 2021 securirty update