Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App icon badges missing

(Topic created on: 20-07-2018 09:57 AM)
Iceman786
Student
Options

Hello 

Got a new s9 a couple of days ago.  I not getting app icon badges for some apps and getting thrm for others? All notifications switched on.  Spoke with Samsung stars they removed the icon badge app and reinstalled which didnt work. Then the second person i spoke did a factory reset which hasn't worked either?  The person if that doesn't work to return the phone and get a new replacement as it could be faulty?  But ive read lots of people having same issue they all can't be faulty?  The apps I've noticed the badges not working on are outlook, ebay and gmail. It works on like what's app and messages.

Another thing when i was on the call to samsung the phone dropped the call so he phoned me back.  I said why did it so that as I've its due to the  os update and he said that had been fixed on the latest update but i said it obviously hasn't as it just happened?

Before this upgrade i had a s6 no issues what so ever, shouldn't things improve with the later models looks like Samsung have gone backwards??

4 REPLIES 4
MartaRamirez
Pioneer
Options

Well, I have a S6 and have icon badges with numbers for every other icon except for Gmail.

I know Gmail has been hit and miss for this, but on a newer Samsung A5 the numbers appear like for all others, and I just don't know what to do for mine.
I know this doesn't help your question, but as I see that there are no replies, I wanted to say that you're not alone, your phone is not faulty, because there are many posts like this one.

0 Likes
Iceman786
Student
Options

I think Samsung email app was the issue, just wouldn't work & Samsung couldn't advise why either.  I have deleted this app now & installed "My Email" wicked app.  Show all your emails & sub folders unlike the samsung email app, you could never see messages in the sub folders.  icon badge works every time you get a message.  On the new OS they have made it so if you go into app it clears badge icon even if you haven't read all the messages. I thing Samsung should return to the old way app icon badges used to work.  Like in messages/whats app the number on the app would not disapear  until you have read the email or seen the message, which is the way it should work in my option.

0 Likes
MartaRamirez
Pioneer
Options

Thank you so much for your reply.

I do believe it may have something to do with Samsung's updates.

I'm not sure about "My Email", I use Gmail and that is the one I have problems with, and many people have stated that it's Gmail that stops the icon badges notifications, so it could be both together.

Uninstalling gmail and using another program is not a solution for me, so I will jut keep waiting until there is another.

Thank you again.

0 Likes
Zanwella
First Poster
Options

@Iceman786 wrote:

... I thing Samsung should return to the old way app icon badges used to work.  Like in messages/whats app the number on the app would not disapear  until you have read the email or seen the message, which is the way it should work in my option.

I agree. Having the same issue 

0 Likes