Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Android pie beta program

(Topic created on: 26/11/18 14:41)
Sasperello2
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Does anyone know if Samsung are launching a beta program for Android pie? The early builds are out. 

1,279 REPLIES 1,279
joellyshelly25
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

any one have any news or updates or has anyone even received the beta yet lol?

0 Likes
BarikUK
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

No. 😞

0 Likes
rickroldan
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I got the update on my 9+ after signing up for the beta program. Right now it has a ton of bugs. I had to rollback to 8.0 and opted out.

0 Likes
Garner
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@rickroldan wrote:

I got the update on my 9+ after signing up for the beta program. Right now it has a ton of bugs. I had to rollback to 8.0 and opted out.

What country are you in?

0 Likes
FatonMorina
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

🙊

0 Likes
Paul_Houston
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@rickroldan wrote:

Of course it has bugs, that's the whole point of the beta program, so they can be reported 

0 Likes
rickroldan
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I know the would be bugs but the were just so many that it made using my phone a headache. There was this one that really bothered me where the phone would go into lock if I hadn't touched it for five minutes with no way to turn it off so whenever I'd sit on the bus or at break trying to watch something on Netflix the screen would go to sleep. I tried turning it off, switching to stay awake changed the timeout to 30 min snd even tried no swipe in the security menu but that screen would always come on. The icons also look terrible some apps were no longer compatible, fingerprint sensor wasn't recognized, samsung and Googlepay no longer worked. My macros would only run until the screen locked after 10 minutes and there's a few more things I can't think of at the top of my head. It's definitely the worst beta release I've had from android. 

0 Likes
EmmGee1
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Its not from Android.... its from Samsung developers in south korea... they are not bothered if you think its the worst beta... they just need to know the bugs

rickroldan
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I agree they're not bothered most companies that make billions of dollars could care less what I think. I'm just putting my experience with it for those that aren't sure if they should rush into doing the beta program. When I said it's the worst beta I should've been clearer in saying that in my opinion 9.0 is looking like it's going to be one the worst releases. There are some nice things about it but there's a lot I'm hoping doesn't make it to final release.

0 Likes
rickroldan
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
I'm in the US
0 Likes