Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

android file transfer from Galaxy S9 to my MacBook pro not working when trying to transfer my pictures from the DCIM folder

(Topic created on: 28-12-2020 04:05 PM)
JohnEagle
Journeyman
Options

If I use Android file transfer to attempt to transfer my pictures from my DCIM folder on my mobile to my MacBook pro it fails with a msg "Cant access storage device"

I can successfully access other smaller folders so I suspect it is something to do with the folder size of DCIM/Camera.

I have 128Gb of storage on my phone.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
BaxteruK
Navigator
Options
If the phone is set to MTP when trying to transfer it, you may need to test another product as you mentioned or another data transfer cable.
0 Likes
JohnEagle
Journeyman
Options

Thankyou for all your suggestions but  I've solve the problem myself by simply circumventing it. There is clearly a bug in the use of the Android file transfer app method which prevents anyone from opening a folder with more than 3-4K of photos. A limitation which ought to be publicised. Something which I find incredible. However the solution for me was to simply delete 2k worth of photos ( which fortunately) were already on my MacBook connected storage drive. The folder then opened as expected and I copied the remains files across. 

Lesson is copy files across on a regular basis say once a year and delete them.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

0 Likes