Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Auto not working via USB with S9.

(Topic created on: 11-01-2021 04:58 PM)
DaddyP
Apprentice
Options

Since early September, Android Auto will no longer work via USB in my car with my Samsing S9. Prior to then, it was working perfectly.

I've reset the phone, the car's head unit, cleared out the cache and data storage on Android Auto, Google Play Services and Google Maps.

I've changed the USB cable too, but nothing has made any difference. The car sees that something is trying to connect but it drops immediately, then repeats the cycle ad infinitum.

Weird thing is, it all works fine with my A5....

Any suggestions?

20 REPLIES 20
bazzzar
First Poster
Options

I'm having same problem running android 10 and my cat alsi is a peugeot 2008 2017

0 Likes
edamian
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with a Pioneer AVH-Z7200DAB and a Samsung Galaxy S9, I can hear the music on Spotify and radio, but there is no guidance sound, not even for OK Google. Did several tests found on the internet but nothing seems to work.

But I think I figured out where the problem is, when the phone is connected through USB, it also activates Bluetooth, and If you go in the phone to the device connected on Bluetooth options, it has three things, calls, audio and contact access, well... you will see just calls are active and you cannot change those options and if you try it will immediately turn it on back.

but just on those few seconds when calls option is turned off, I can hear the guidance sound!

0 Likes
paural04
Student
Options

d

0 Likes
paural04
Student
Options

Hi I had the same issue. My phone is Samsung s9 just buy an adaptor for the end of the cable that connects to your phone. This makes all the difference; Mine is working now!

kwgoh
Student
Options

Have the issue in May (see post on 15-5-2020), it is ok now after upgraded to Android 10 without changing new USB cable and setting. I can use Google Assistant to "talk" to my S9 now. My car is Honda CRV.

0 Likes
Newman2
First Poster
Options

I am having this same problem,  what is the adapter that you purchased?  I would love for Android Auto to start working again.  Could you please provide a link to the adapter you purchased?

Thanks

0 Likes
Daniel484
First Poster
Options

We got a new car (2020 Honda CRV) about a month ago. My phone (Galaxy S9) was working fine with it for about 2 weeks. Now, it just says "android auto connecting..." and nothing happens. My wife's A5 works no problem!

0 Likes
lurker72
First Poster
Options

I had a similar issue when I first got Android Auto installed in my 2018 Mazda 3. I also have a Galaxy S9. What solved the issue for me was to get a very high quality USB with a high data transfer rate (or something like that, I don't remember the specific terminology used). I bought an Anker USB chord, as they are a very respected brand- but not all of them have a high rate of data transfer, so make sure you thoroughly study the box. I bought mine from Wal-Mart.

Reginard
Pathfinder
Options

I don't have this problem, but there is a setting in Developer Options to specify the Default USB Configuration.

The first setting is Transferring Files / Android Auto.

It could be that your phone has somehow defaulted to a different mode and is not enabling communication with the car.

0 Likes
Ivanhoe1
First Poster
Options

Same here 2021 Mercedes-Benz E series and S9. Worked for a while now it won't. My can says "cannot start android auto" i did find out that when I first initiate from scratch it will take me to the USB set up and its under phone but trying to switch to datatransfer/android auto immediately fails. Not sure what change on the phone that will not allow it to switch. I did go to developer options and changed it there but the car still asks and when it does the prompt screen on the phone again says phone and it refuses to change to data. Yes im changed cables and all other possible options

0 Likes