Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 10 / One UI 2.0 feedback

(Topic created on: 10-02-2020 04:02 PM)
Gbr
Explorer
Options

Android 10 seems to be rolling out for the S9/S9+, and as usual, there's a number of things that feel obvious enough, yet somehow slipped past the numerous beta tests - and/or QA. Let's post the issues we find here.

After booting up, the request for the encrypted device PIN is in a different  language than what the device is actually set to. Seems like something that aligns with the inserted SIM's locale, but at any rate, it is annoying and cannot be modified.

The keyboard's adaptive theme that's supposed change "to fit with the colors of each app screen" still seems to be broken: either the functionality itself, or the description is incorrect. It does change according to the device's dark/light mode - at a global system level, not per app.

The light theme still looks atrocious with the colour palette being a direct copy-paste from Pixel devices, and does not fit with the design of Samsung's own devices at all. This time however, it's even worse in the quick panel toggles, where the size of the icons seems to have been enlarged to gigantic proportions. This is not even affected by the font size or zoom level settings of the device, which makes them look even more out of place and inconsistent.

The Always On Display still does not rotate with the device. This "feature" has been introduced on the S10, and a year after its release, it's still not trickled over to other models - I'm quite sure there is no technical issue (hardware or software) that prevents other devices from having this detail, so kindly port it over. 

11 REPLIES 11
Gbr
Explorer
Options
Randomly, 2 of my app drawers were gone after a reset, with the shortcuts in it just thrown back into the app drawer itself. That's two out of five folders I've had since forever, and I'm not even sure why or how the other three remained intact.

On another occasion, my SD card was simply not recognised and read, as if it hadn't been inserted at all.

And just this morning, the My BP Lab app just stopped working: it says sensor does not exist on the device. It was working less than 10 hours ago, before I went to bed, and the phone hasn't even been restarted since. Samsung Health can certainly use the same sensor for heart rate measurement.
Tfs007
First Poster
Options

Same issue with my bp lab on my s9 after security update today 3/1/2020

0 Likes