Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alarm duration.

(Topic created on: 28-10-2020 08:34 PM)
JakiL
First Poster
Options

I have several alarms set throughout each day and would like to shorten the duration of them. Atm, if I don't switch the alarm off, it continues to sound for 5 mins. Id like to reduce that to 1 min but can't find how to. It is not an option when I'm setting each alarm up. 

7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options
@JakiL: I had a look into this and it isn't possible to set the duration of the alarm sound to 1 minute. The alarm will continue to sound until you hit Dismiss or Snooze, depending on your setup. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you.
JayLee
First Poster
Options

Hello AndrewL. Is there a way for customers to request the addition of a settings option in the clock/alarms app? Seems having options would cater for everyone's preferences about how long an alarm can ring when the phone is out of reach.

nuttyone
First Poster
Options

It sucks if you are in the shower  or  halfway across the house. I couldn't believe it when I found no solution for this issue.

ThinkingOutsideDBox
First Poster
Options

Dear Samsung - Could a duration setting be added to the Clock > Alarm app please? It seems to be a fairly glaring omission in an otherwise very useful app. I have alarms for several reminders throughout the day and the phone is not always immediately in reach and the un-ending sounding of the alarms annoy those around me. As a suggestion a minimum duration of 5 seconds would be fantastic.  Could a response advising whether this request would be considered be provided please? Best regards.

Dan-in-China
Apprentice
Options

It's more than three years since this request was uploaded. Samsung … this is really tardy. Even a smaller brand like OnePlus has this feature to limit the duration of the alarm to a minute. Wake Up.

Dan-in-China
Apprentice
Options

Hello AndrewL

Is there a way to let this reach the ears of Samsungit's really sad to see that even a small brand like OnePlus has had this feature for years and years. Thanks!

Reactoper
First Poster
Options

I used to think that Samsung team is brilliant, and I couldn't believe there is no solution for this annoying issue.

Now I think the opposite.

0 Likes