Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alarm clock icon

(Topic created on: 24-08-2022 11:13 AM)
WatsonB
Journeyman
Options
S9+
I have a daily alarm set but often it doesn't sound. I've noticed that the alarm icon keeps disappearing from the status area. When I tap the icon for the clock app, the alarm clock icon reappears and alarms work again. Is there a fix for this?
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AshP_
Options

@WatsonB How odd! Have you had a go at clearing the cache and data of the Clock app? Just head to Settings > Apps > Clock > Storage > Clear cache/data to do this.

0 Likes
WatsonB
Journeyman
Options
I used to clear the cache from time to time and the alarm would work again for a bit. I've cleared the data as well now and will see how long the alarm keeps working. Thanks
0 Likes
WatsonB
Journeyman
Options
Just noticed the alarm icon had disappeared again. I tapped the clock app icon and it reappeared. Not very satisfactory!
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@WatsonB: Have you noticed if the icon disappears from your Status Bar under any specific conditions? Have you tried deleting your current alarm via the Clock app > Alarm > Press and hold on the alarm > Delete all, then re-adding it to see if this helps? 

0 Likes
WatsonB
Journeyman
Options
I cleared the cache and the data which deleted all my alarms. I replaced the daily alarm and added one more. Everything was fine for the first instance of the daily alarm but a few hours before it was due today I noticed the alarm icon had gone even though the alarm had been automatically set. I clicked on the clock app and the icon reappeared. The daily alarm worked and the icon is still there, for now.
0 Likes
WatsonB
Journeyman
Options
I found my optimisation app was force stopping the clock app! Silly me. Thanks for your advice though.
0 Likes