Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Add calorie info to health by photograph on s9+

(Topic created on: 09/03/18 21:32)
Nially
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

How do I add calories to Samsung health by taking a photo like they did at the s9 unveiling???? 

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
Digitalcorporal
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Been trying to figure this out also - looks like it's not possible as best I can tell.  Something seems to be missing from Bixby Vision 

0 Likes
Beccic
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Seems to work ok...

Open Bixby Vision & select the food icon. When it recognises what's there, press the button & it'll come up with the info at the bottom of the screen. I had the option of 'adding to my food with a caption... 

Open Samsung health & click 'manage items, then activate the food icon. Info will be stored there! 

Digitalcorporal
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Makes sense - the problem is I don't see a food option once I open Bixby Vision.

The available modes are 

Text

Place 

Wine

QR code.

I have watched YouTube videos of people making use of it, but that food option just isn't there on my device.

It's also not on the S9 + my girlfriend picked up either.

0 Likes
Nially
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Yea I dont have a food option . Maybe its only available in certain country's kinda like they said at the unveiling about the makeup thing 

0 Likes
Digitalcorporal
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@Niallywrote:

Yea I dont have a food option . Maybe its only available in certain country's kinda like they said at the unveiling about the makeup thing 

I hope not.

It's already annoying enough that the my BP labs app for Blood Pressure was limited to the US only for now, it would just be plain stupid if the food part of Bixby vision was also limited to certain countries.

While I remember them mentioning the thing about the make up function being limited to certain countries at launch (and my Mrs accepts that), I recall no mention of these features being limited.

Beccic
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

How very odd! I'm in UK & it's definitely on mine 🤔Screenshot_20180316-082814_Bixby Vision.jpg

0 Likes
Digitalcorporal
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Very odd indeed.

I am in Ireland, so usually we tend to fall into the UK timeline for such things.

0 Likes
Nially
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Yea I'm in Ireland aswell but still dont have it. The lack of Samsung mods replying is shocking.

0 Likes
Digitalcorporal
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@Niallywrote:

Yea I'm in Ireland aswell but still dont have it. The lack of Samsung mods replying is shocking.

Agreed - this was a feature they were singing out during their presentation and no information available since on this, or anything else for that matter.

AntS
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hi guys. :robothappy:

We're currently  checking into this one at our end for you.

Digitalcorporal
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Awesome- many thanks
0 Likes
Nially
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Screenshot_20180318-060725_Samsung Members.jpg

Digitalcorporal
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
I hate when Samsung does this - announce an interesting new feature and decide not to mention its availability is limited at launch.

A user earlier in this thread posted a screenshot of it identifying a banana correctly.

In Ireland we have the same ***** bananas lol.

In fact, everything available I the Irish market can also be found in the UK so it makes no sense whatsoever in my mind
0 Likes
Nially
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Seen an update for Bixby vision , glad I didn't hold my breath on the food option been added as it wasnt added, very disappointed I am 

0 Likes
Digitalcorporal
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Really disliking these shady practices by Samsung.

I feel cheated out of the device that was promised.

And what is with all the cloak and dagger on these things. Go searching through Samsung sites and can't find any official information on any of this.

0 Likes
Nially
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Shocking its still not on it. The 1 feature i was looking forward to 

0 Likes
Taradem
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

This is the feature most of the people looking for .It was largely promoted before releasing the phone ...

0 Likes
T3M4N
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hey Ho,

I am in Perth, Australia ... was also hoping to see the Food calorie feature, but it's not there .... upon reading some forums and seeing some caviats on samsung website, if not mistaken I believe I have read it saying features only available in certain countries.

Definitely the FOOD and Shopping Features arent here in Australia that i am sure... unless anyone else has any updates around it ?

0 Likes