Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adaptive brightness, screen blur, black/grey lines s9

(Topic created on: 03-03-2022 08:42 PM)
KeepItTidy06
Student
Options

Anyone else having this problem, and know if reverting the firmware back will help? Once the brightness dims the screen starts flickering with black and grey lines, same happens when the power on/off button is pressed to lock or open the screen, once the brightness is increased to full it disappears, i've turned off the adaptive brightness to stop it from happening but the phone has now started to overheat... the phone hasn't been dropped either and is well looked after, only started after the most recent update.. 😡 someone help.

5 REPLIES 5
NettieNoo
Student
Options

I am having similar problems with my only just 3 year old, never been dropped S9. Since the last software update it will not wake up with a press of the power button like it used to.   Instead the screen goes black with faint green lines withat the top of the screen.  Through trial and error I have found that tapping the screen twice so it shows the time (Or plugging in the charger) quickly followed by pressing the  power button on top right side will open it up, so I can at least get into messaging, photos etc.  However it is impossible to use as a phone.   I cannot answer a call because the screen goes black when someone rings and it will not wake up and when I make an outgoing call  I am unable to hang up.... that's really bad if it has gone to voice mail at their end!  I do not know the answer to your question about reverting the firmware back... too technical for me.   But don't make the same mistake I made if your phone is password or code protected...  DO NOT SWITCH IT OFF.  Because then when your phone switches back on you cannot enter your code and it reverts to Emergency  Calls only!   If anyone knows of a way to fix this I'd be really grateful, this phone cost me loads of money and I loved it and looked after it but now at 3 years and one month old it's useless and all thanks to the latest update.  If anyone from Samsung is reading this please tell me how to fix it before I switch to a different brand.  Thank you

KeepItTidy06
Student
Options

I duno if this will help you in anyway but i turned off my adaptive brightness and set the brightness bar to at least near full, i turned off the blue screen filter also, it has helped a lot but it's not a permanent fix, it will still need the firmware update to fix the issue...

0 Likes
NettieNoo
Student
Options

Thanks... I will try what you suggest 😊

astonc
First Poster
Options

I have the exact problem recently. I thought it was my phone. Hope Samsung can do something to fix it

Trent Lackie
Student
Options

I have as well.  Hope there is a solution soon!