Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yellow/green tint on screen

(Topic created on: 25-09-2020 08:08 PM)
BonsW
First Poster
Options

Hi there, woke up with phone screen looking like this. No water damage or anything. Was just on charge overnight. Anyone know what's going on?

20200926_064253.jpg

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Looks like burn-in, was a common problem on some of the older Samsung panels. Often the phone heats up while on charge and then burns in an image of whatever is on the screen, if the screen is off it just results in damage like yours.
On my S3 i had a text chat open when it burned-in, so for the next few yrs that chat was always on the screen burned-in.
To check if its panel damage or software/settings, you can take a screenshot, if it shows up in the screenshot then its software/settings, if not then its physical damage. But my money is on burn-in after your phone overheated while charging.

View solution in context

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Levo
First Poster
Options
my s7 went like that the said in shop was Processor overheated
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @BonsW ,

is this happening in all apps and screens? Are you using auto-brightness for the display? Check this from the phone Settings> Display> Brightness.

0 Likes
wyse_terminal
Voyager
Options
Have you got blue light filter on? Go to settings > display > blue light filter and if it is on toggle it off and see if that makes a difference if not then I would suggest safe mode. Hold the power button for 3 seconds until you see the power menu from there keep the power off option pressed on screen this will then change to safe mode, tap on safe mode and device will restart.

In safe mode you can can make and receive calls and texts however all 3rd party apps will cease to work. If the issue is not there then it seems the issue is caused by a 3rd party app, if the issue is not there then further troubleshooting would need to be conducted to try and eliminate the issue.
BonsW
First Poster
Options

what was the fix/solution for your phone in the end?

0 Likes
BonsW
First Poster
Options

yeah checked blue light filter (it's off) / brightness / display colour etc. it is the same on all screen and apps. And not sure if it is obvious in the picture but the top third is also have streaks of lines going horizontally too. seems weird

0 Likes
BonsW
First Poster
Options

hey yeah checked blue light filter which is off. also checked display colour brightness etc. no changes were made before going to bed and settings remain unchanged. also tried adjusting colour and brightness and didn't do anything. If i am to run safe mode what does it mean (other than can't use 3rd party apps), and will I be expected to use this long term?

0 Likes
Solution
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Looks like burn-in, was a common problem on some of the older Samsung panels. Often the phone heats up while on charge and then burns in an image of whatever is on the screen, if the screen is off it just results in damage like yours.
On my S3 i had a text chat open when it burned-in, so for the next few yrs that chat was always on the screen burned-in.
To check if its panel damage or software/settings, you can take a screenshot, if it shows up in the screenshot then its software/settings, if not then its physical damage. But my money is on burn-in after your phone overheated while charging.
0 Likes
Levo
First Poster
Options
the fix/ solution was put in new part was nearly 250euro but I didn't pay it because the phone was only worth about that
0 Likes
BonsW
First Poster
Options

yeah we did the screen capture test the picture itself is fine, so it seems like a burnt screen indeed. sad, the phone is only two years old and everything else is working fine. thanks for cracking the mystery. 

0 Likes