Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why isn't the partition cache wiped automatically after an android update ?

(Topic created on: 05-12-2019 06:20 AM)
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

Given the known problem Clear View Standing Cover : problems after booting the S9  , which regularly occurs after android updates and has as workaround the Wiping of the Cache Partition , the question is : why doesn't this happen automatically after an android update ?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Some people wouldn't want the caches deleting from their phone automatically unless they have to due to an issue @IreibeX 

Now with most Samsung phones it's a pretty quick and simple process to delete the system cache files thankfully.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Some people wouldn't want the caches deleting from their phone automatically unless they have to due to an issue @IreibeX 

Now with most Samsung phones it's a pretty quick and simple process to delete the system cache files thankfully.

Yes, for users skilled enough that's easy, the only problem being the tiny font in the maintenance screen. But I know users who wouldn't want to do this. And then you'll have to know that this might be needed in the first place !

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

People have different thoughts on what to do when installing new firmware @IreibeX 

Some prefer to update and carry on regardless unless an issue presents itself. Then come here etc for support  :winking-face:

Some prefer to back up beforehand and delete the cache files and or factory reset before a major update.

Some prefer to update firmware and then delete the cache files and factory reset.

My preference is to update and then see what happens after my phone has finished indexing itself i.e optimised etc.

The non tech nerd owner will just update blindly.

No disrespect to tech nerds :smiling-face:  or the typical user.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "