Support

Open search

Whastapp voice call is not working when the screen turns off during call

Highlighted

I'm not able to hear the voice or the persons on other side are not able to hear my voice when the screen turns off during the whatsapp voice call. Same problem from normal call also.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Hi @KrishDesineni,

Let’s test the receiver.

1. From the phone dialler, enter *#0283#.
2. Select RCV Packet Loopback ON (it may appear as Start : RCV_1stMic on some devices).
Say a few words as if you were on a call. If you hear your own voice, it's working correctly.

Can you hear your voice?
Highlighted

I am facing same issue since last software upgrade. Same with normal voice calls. I even did this *#0283 thing.. and i can hear my voice. But still getting the issue.

Highlighted

Hi @Pooja1, does this also happen when the screen turns off?

Highlighted

This issue is serious. Please have your QA team reproduce this issue and fix it. This is getting pretty annoying. I do not know whether the issue is on Whatsapp side or Samsung side. But you need to reproduce it and work on fix or have Whatsapp work on the fix.
Issue reproduction is simple. - Make a Whatsapp voice call to someone and turn your screen off. For sometime, everything works fine, but after sometime (around 5/10 minutes or less, I believe) issue reproduces. Other person can not hear your voice.

I think this is enough information for your QA team to work towards fixing this. Thank you.

P.S: This issue exists on S9, as well as S10e and other Samsung phones.

Top Liked Authors