Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whastapp voice call is not working when the screen turns off during call

(Topic created on: 26-02-2020 06:58 AM)
KrishDesineni
First Poster
Options

I'm not able to hear the voice or the persons on other side are not able to hear my voice when the screen turns off during the whatsapp voice call. Same problem from normal call also.

16 REPLIES 16
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi @KrishDesineni,

Let’s test the receiver.

1. From the phone dialler, enter *#0283#.
2. Select RCV Packet Loopback ON (it may appear as Start : RCV_1stMic on some devices).
Say a few words as if you were on a call. If you hear your own voice, it's working correctly.

Can you hear your voice?
0 Likes
Pooja1
First Poster
Options

I am facing same issue since last software upgrade. Same with normal voice calls. I even did this *#0283 thing.. and i can hear my voice. But still getting the issue.

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @Pooja1, does this also happen when the screen turns off?

0 Likes
Chinmay_K
First Poster
Options

This issue is serious. Please have your QA team reproduce this issue and fix it. This is getting pretty annoying. I do not know whether the issue is on Whatsapp side or Samsung side. But you need to reproduce it and work on fix or have Whatsapp work on the fix.
Issue reproduction is simple. - Make a Whatsapp voice call to someone and turn your screen off. For sometime, everything works fine, but after sometime (around 5/10 minutes or less, I believe) issue reproduces. Other person can not hear your voice.

I think this is enough information for your QA team to work towards fixing this. Thank you.

P.S: This issue exists on S9, as well as S10e and other Samsung phones.

0 Likes
Robert_OS
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with Samsung Note 9.

All RCV loops worked perfect but still when on WhatsApp and shift the app in background , I still can hear the conversation but they cannot hear me. 

Unfortunately I am using only WhatsApp so I don't know if other apps have the same problem.

I hope you will find a solution and fix this issue.

Cheers

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @Robert_OS, can you  try sending an error log within 15 minutes of testing this issue? Members app > Get Help > Error reports. 

I tried it on my S9 and it doesn't have this issue, so it would be best to have the specific error logs when you experience it.

neonurse
First Poster
Options
Pls I am having this same problem 😔😪. It is not funny at all. Can Samsung look into this. I am using a Note10+5G
0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @neonurse, apologies for the late reply. If you're still having the same issue, could you send an error log via the instructions sent above? Our developers will be able to look in to it further. 

0 Likes
Stefan T
First Poster
Options

Hi there, I am having the same issue. Whatsapp audio call active, screen turns off, then after a few minutes the other side cannot here me anymore. Any solution? It'S very annoying! Thanks 🙂

0 Likes