Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE option gone missing!

(Topic created on: 02-04-2020 12:17 PM)
xkwizt
First Poster
Options

No idea where it has gone, its no longer under Mobile Networks.

Ive quadruple checked with my carrier and it is active, i even tested the simcard in an S20 Ultra and VoLTE works.

Why did it stop on my S9 on Anroid 10 with UI 2.0?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I would send this as a bug report to the Samsung Developers via your Samsung Members App @xkwizt 

I'm not sure if this is network driven by the sim card or if it's a feature on eligible phones.

On my phone its there but greyed out as my particular tariff does not allow voLTE.

i.e voLTE  greyed out so unable to toggle On.voLTE greyed out so unable to toggle On.

Was your phone supplied directly by Samsung or via your mobile network ?

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options

It happens when the phone is restarted the handset de-registers from the IMS try this to fix it:

•Put phone in Aeroplane mode

•Restart phone while still in Aeroplane mode

(When phone is restarted it should still be in Aeroplane mode)

•Take Aeroplane mode off and wait a few moments and it should be fixed.

To see if you're registered on the IMS navigate to Settings > about phone > status > SIM card status 

0 Likes
BlackDart
First Poster
Options

Hi Ghost0722. Thanks for the suggestion, but I tried and it didn't work.  Please advise.  This has been a huge problem, as my calls have been dropping more than 50% of the time.

0 Likes
TaziDevil
First Poster
Options

A few dirty carriers like Optus Australia have blocked the option unfortunately. I have the same issue with them and because they have enough towers in the city they've stated they don't care about outside the city. They've fallen so far from grace in the last 12-24 months it's NOT funny. There is an app on the goggle store called "Samsung Band Selection" which will give you the ability to disable it.

Frankly whichever clown at Samsung that thought being able to remove this option was a good idea needs to be hung and quartered!

0 Likes