Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Update to software inferior quality

(Topic created on: 03-05-2020 06:19 AM)
Driftcoast
Student
Options

What id like to know is whos the muppets who decide to make changes to a viable system ive paid ridiculous amounts of mo ey for just to have them s**** it up without being able to hold them accountable!!?? If your going to implement changes id be happy to be informed before hand or asked to scrutinize your idea before pushing it on us, and id like the choice of rolling back if your software is of inferior quality thank you very much.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
SjorsK
Maestro
Options
Actually, whenever there is an update you are notified beforehand and you have the choice to opt out. :smiling-face:

That said, I'm sorry that you dislike the changes. Are the specific things you would like to see improved/changed? If yes, what would you prefer to see changed? :smiling-face:

Samsung tends to listen to constructive feedback so if you have some good ideas that you wish to share there is a chance that it will get forwarded to the devs :smiling-face:
0 Likes
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Driftcoast 

A person can set their phone to not auto update but I've also seen where a person has done this but eventually the phone has decided to update itself in time.

Before a person updates there is an information pop up saying what the main changes are. They can then proceed or not.

I also like to Google Search and look for YouTube reviews of said update to see if whats been added or took away is what I want on my phone before updating to the new firmware.

I totally understand and appreciate some new features or tweaked features or taken away features that were already on the phone is not to your taste or proffered usage habits.

One think I prefer about iOS is that a person has a set amount of time to roll back to the previous iOS if wanted.

With Samsung and Android you can't via the phones internal settings.

A person can send feedback via the Samsung Members App but right now you'll get a response saying due to these unprecedented times i.e COVID-19 pandemic they are short staffed.

However an option is a Custom Rom however this needs to be broached with caution as using the wrong Rom or if it goes wrong can cause instability issues and in the extreme an unusable phone.

Xda-developers.com is a good site to visit.

Disclaimer 》 

Using a Custom Rom can bring about an unstable phone or it may not work properly if the process glitches or the wrong Rom is used.

A person takes full responsibility if they perform this process and do so at their own informed decision. Samsung would levy a charge to put this right.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Driftcoast
Student
Options

Thanks bud appreciate your response, it's just ridiculous, as we're paying 1200 for this Device in NZ , and I just can't understand why a phone that cost a months wages has so many unnecessary software glitches, updates cost money also in NZ just by the data we have to purchase, it's $20 for 1gb. 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @Driftcoast 

I also buy my phones from Samsung UK directly.

My Note 10+ 5G cost £1.100.

I totally understand what your saying.

For me Android 10 and the Samsung One Ui 2.1 have pretty much brought enhancements I like.

Are you not able to use WiFi to update your firmware.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "