Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to update to andorid 10 s9+

(Topic created on: 15-07-2020 09:37 AM)
Kesric
Apprentice
Options

Hi everyone I'm using a Samsung s9+ and I cannot upgrade to android 10 I'll very like the help. Thanks Screenshot_20200713-160549_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
wyse_terminal
Voyager
Options
Try connect your device to smart switch to force the update but it seems like your device is a American device and is not being able to connect to the right servers (American) that hold the update for this model varient.
0 Likes
Kesric
Apprentice
Options

I've already tried the smart switch and and it just tells me my device is up to date and that's it 

0 Likes
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

If your phone and smart switch say your device is up to date it would be best to wait, but there is one more option to flash the software files using odin (Samsung official firmware tool).

Flashing firmware is difficult and there are a lot of different versions of each firmware file (xda-developers.com) is a great place to start if you interested in this NOT recommended method.

I had to block the updates because i want to ensure there are no issues before i decided to update to 10, so if it does become available via your device the update will be installed even if you dont want it.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s9-s9/is-there-a-way-to-stop-the-newest-software-update/t...

0 Likes
Kesric
Apprentice
Options

I've been using the phone for about 3 months now and didn't receive any of the monthly update so it's safe to say waiting for update is out of the question. I read somewhere that changing the country code to the country I'm in right now can solve the situation....how true is that and any help with that cause I don't wish to flash the phone right now 

0 Likes
Lostboyuk
First Poster
Options
csc change will sort it...get Odin on the go..
0 Likes
Kesric
Apprentice
Options

How do I go about it? 

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Hi, sorry, I did not receive any notifications about your PMs. Do you still need assistance?

Kesric
Apprentice
Options

Yeah no worries. I haven't been to do anything about it so any help will be very much appreciated.

0 Likes
Penstroak
Apprentice
Options

Screenshot_20210923-062738_Settings.jpg

 hey bro! Please I need help with upgrading my SM-G965u. It's been months since I got this device but no update to android 10 till date

0 Likes