Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Unable to update to andorid 10 s9+

(Topic created on: 22-06-2020 10:00 PM)
Igi2
Apprentice
Options

Hi, everyone. I have  s9+ UK version and for some strange reason, I can't update to android 10 or receive a prompt to update. I tried the factory reset no avail. 

software versionsoftware versionsamsung switchsamsung switch

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24
irfanmirza
Journeyman
Options

b5woje.pngPM.jpeg

0 Likes
irfanmirza
Journeyman
Options

https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-s9-plus/firmware/SM-G965U/USC/download/G965USQS7DTE1/342664/  i found this on the internet, is it correct version? 

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Yep but the download speeds will be extremely slow. I'll upload it for you.

irfanmirza
Journeyman
Options

Will this firmware remove all my apps and data? or this will only update the software and all my setting and everything remain unchanged? 

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

As this is the same Multi-CSC, your data should not be affected. But, stuff happens sometimes and a backup is always a good thing.

irfanmirza
Journeyman
Options

Thank you very much for your help. 

Since the phone is out of its original region if I factory reset and then select as its original region in-country and use the VPN of the same country will then it update the software? Or Samsung knows where is the phone is with some country-code unlocked etc? 

I really dislike the way Samsung treating its users, I never had such issue in iPhones. Wherever you buy it and wherever you use it, you will get all the latest updates same time. 

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

The original vendor of the device is forever printed in your device. As you can see, your SW Provider Version is XAA/XAA/VZW. VZW means Verizon USA.

Anyway, here's the firmware for your SM-G965U. Follow the same instructions I've given to the OP, but using this firmware.

Kesric
Apprentice
Options

Hi I'm facing the same problem. I cannot update my phone with same code xaa/xaa/zwm

Would like to know the instructions to follow to be able to update it to the latest firmware.....thanks 

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Hi. Please launch your own thread with your model number and I'd be glad to assist you.

0 Likes
marcospointis
Apprentice
Options

Hi, CHMultimedia. I have the same issue. I'm stuck at Oreo and can't update my S9+. I'm trying to flash but can't find the correct firmware for my region, which is XAA (USA Unlocked). Maybe you could help me, please?

0 Likes