Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to to update my Samsung Galaxy S9+ to Android 10

(Topic created on: 28-10-2020 12:53 AM)
FXTender
Journeyman
Options

Hello Everyone,

I  purchased 2 weeks ago, during sales, a Samsung Galaxy S9+ and I thought it was a super deal given the price. The problem is I just discovered that it is an imported phone as I noticed that the samartphone did not receive any security update since 2019 and it is not able to get any OTA update. I triend a lot of things such as wipe cache, soft reset, factory reset with and without SIM card inside.. but it does not work. I noticed also that CSC is XAA which is for USA while I libe in France.

Can you please help me to see how I can upgrade my phone android version

I read :

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s9-s9/unable-to-update-to-andorid-10-s9/m-p/1733736#M2247...

but looks the procedure is only for SM-G965F while I have SM-G965U

Thanks in advance

FXTender_0-1603818002880.png

FXTender_1-1603818037478.png

FXTender_2-1603818061820.png

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
CHMultimedia
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Hi. I'm currently fetching the right firmware for your device. You'll be running Android Q with OneUI 2.5 shortly. Unfortunately, issues with updates for out-of-zone US models are pretty common. I'd recommend to avoid importing US models (U/U1) in the future. You should prefer the Canada (W) or Hong Kong/South America (0) models if you want a Snapdragon, as these models are free from those recurring issues.

0 Likes
FXTender
Journeyman
Options

Thanks in advance. To be honest I have discovered all that recently and I was not even aware of Samsung regional segmentation of their products. That proves that it is always useful to try to understand the equipment we purchase and not simply focus on how to master its usage on daily basis.

0 Likes
fishermancolin
Explorer
Options
just a note ,my s9+ was brought in the uk ,and is working fine in Thailand, it's the updates you have to worry about, but only now and again, as i type it working OK, have fun gang
0 Likes
FXTender
Journeyman
Options

Hello Mancolin

The phone is perfectly working wih Android 9.0, there is no issue about that.

1) But no security updates  and this is critical as we use our phones for NFC payment, banking....

2) No Android update to version 10.0 and based on my wife smartphone experience (Galaxy S9), it manages better the battery and daily autonomy

In normal cases, I would have waited to go to USA as I travel once or twice a year, would purchase a local SIM and provoke the update/upgrade.

Unfortunately, with the sanitary crisis, I don't belive that we will be able to travel again before 1 or 2 additionnal years

0 Likes
FXTender
Journeyman
Options

Explorer for his excellet tutorials on this different community threads.
I followed them and  since 30 minutes my Samsung S9+, SM-G965U, is  using Android  10 and  OneUI 2.1
as well as Sept 1st,  2020 security update . I I downloaded the  the latest software  for G965U with the CSC
of CHA (not VZW) from Sammobile and  latest Odin and that's it. No OTA in France I suppose, but it is OK, I
will follow  regularly the updates

abhiNalways
First Poster
Options

Hi ,

I have a similar issue. I havent been able to udpate my S9 Plus in netherlands since  January 2020. Basically I am still on Android 9 / One UI 1.0. 

When I try to update it says that my software is upto date.

Any solutions?

0 Likes
FXTender
Journeyman
Options

ABHI

Don't stay with the old Android 9.

I go now every 2 months on sammobile.com, section Firmware, I download the latest US firmware (select CHA, like indicated in the tutorial link above) and I upgrade. It takes 10 minutes and I never had any issue. Let me know if you're still blocked.

0 Likes
Penstroak
Apprentice
Options

Hello! I have a similar model as you. Can you kindly give a link to the tutorial of how you upgraded your SM-G965U to android 10?

0 Likes