Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to move pictures

(Topic created on: 17-05-2019 11:53 AM)
Roberts62
Apprentice
Options

recently have been unable to move pictures from internal memory to sd card. was ok up to a few weeks ago.  not sure if last update affected it. but cant move or delete things now.

18 REPLIES 18
Rottie
First Poster
Options

I was having the same issue and going crazy - BUT - if you just tap in the same area (it's black, no dots) where the 3 dots use to be - you will find that the same options will open - the options are there, just the dots are gone.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
ag53
First Poster
Options
I have the same problem.... it was all working fine (I have about 50 folder on my sd card) but sice the last update it says : unable to move... very annoying
0 Likes
Roberts62
Apprentice
Options

hi. my problems started after a samsung update. after investigation my sd card was locked read only and i could not reverse it. tried several software programes but nothing worked. cut card up eventually

0 Likes
Wcgx3
Student
Options

My phone was fine till last nights update. Now I cant move pics from folder to folder . Their used to be a option in Gallery to either copy or move pic..now its gone. 

0 Likes
Wcgx3
Student
Options
The update caused it . My phone was fine yest and I was able to move pics. And before bed I allowed the update to run and today I cant move the pics ..the option to copy or move is gone
0 Likes
YFC
First Poster
Options

I have a note 9, I too cannot move some pictures.  I also have duplicate albums which I'd like to consolidate. I get unable to move.

0 Likes
Pumiiu
First Poster
Options

I had this issue for a while and have found a solution just now!!

It seems that the current folders have some issues, so i tried making a new folder and see if i could move pics into that folder instead. That worked! So i moved all my pics into new folders with the same (or different) name. I can now move my pictures again ! (: Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Rajeshgoel
First Poster
Options

Recently I noticed when I select an image in gallery app there is no option to move/copy that pic/image.

0 Likes
khaledh
First Poster
Options

I fixed this issue by unmounting the SD card and remounting it again. Go to Settings > Device Maintenance > Storage, scroll to the bottom and click SD card > tap the top-right 3 dots and select Storage settings > click the Eject icon in front of the SD card; wait for it to unmount, then click it to mount again. After that I was able to move pictures in gallery to my SD card folders again.