Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Unable to launch Samsung Members app

(Topic created on: 23-11-2018 12:39 PM)
rew82
Journeyman
Options

I have an issue with Samsung Members app. I recently got a Galaxy S9. When I start the Members app I press 'Next' on the initial set up. I am then greeted with the message:

'Your service country may change along with related content in the Samsung Members app. This will overwrite previous information'.

After tapping OK I then get the error message:

'Server response error

Server error. Try again later. Status : 400 Error : 4047 Message : Samsung Members Authentication is required'

I have tried to launch the app when connected to wifi and 4G but get the same error. I have tried clearing Cache and Data and even uninstalling and reinstalling the app but I can not get it to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
CarlH
Options

Have you tried a Soft Reset, @rew82? This doesn't delete anythign from your phone, it fixes any minor isues that may be occurring. To do this, hold the 'Power' button and the 'Volume Down' button, both together for ten sedconds and your phone will restart. Let me know if this fixes the issue. 

View solution in context

18 REPLIES 18
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @rew82.

Are you still having this problem when logging in to the Samsung Members app?

0 Likes
rew82
Journeyman
Options

Yes, still not able to launch the app, I've also tried removing my Samsung account from the phone and trying to launch the app. Weirdly it says that the app is not avaliable in my country, I live in the UK!?

My wife also got an S9 at the same time as me and hers doesn't launch either, same error that I get. Not sure what's going on.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Where did you buy the phones, @rew82?

0 Likes
rew82
Journeyman
Options

Direct from Samsung

0 Likes
Solution
CarlH
Options

Have you tried a Soft Reset, @rew82? This doesn't delete anythign from your phone, it fixes any minor isues that may be occurring. To do this, hold the 'Power' button and the 'Volume Down' button, both together for ten sedconds and your phone will restart. Let me know if this fixes the issue. 

rew82
Journeyman
Options
This worked for me @CarlH
Thank you
0 Likes
MichaelS2
First Poster
Options

it doesnt work for me i restarted my s10+ and it still says not availible in my country and i live in the uk

0 Likes
Mack1
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem trying to use samsung members since upgrading to an S10+ in the UK. Has anyone one found a solution for this yet? Sumsung members is supported in UK and worked on my previous galaxy phone.

0 Likes
Kareem
First Poster
Options

This is exactly what is happening to me, I even factory reset my phone, nothing, galaxy s10 plus  

0 Likes