Support

Open search

Unable to connect screen mirroring/smart view s9+

Highlighted
First Poster

I have just upgraded to the s9+ and the device no longer detects my Samsung Tv's but does the Chromecast devices I have in the Smart View application.

I used to be able to play movies without screen sharing giving me the ability to still be able to use my device whilst the content was playing.

Unfortunately the settings within smart share are limited and I have gone through the settings on my Tv's to ensure they are permitted but the phone just will not pick them up.

I have been casting to my screens since the all share days which worked perfectly fine.

Any ideas what could be stopping my device from working in this way again?

46 REPLIES 46
Highlighted

Thanks! I was searching all over for a solution and this did it for me. I disconnected my VPN on phone and it worked like a charm! :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Highlighted

Hi,

I've found a solution to the problem...

Go to settings- general management- and reset settings....

Your phone will restart and smart view will work fine....

Highlighted

I have a 2019 large Samsung smart TV.   I thought mine was not working but it turns out that the protocol that finds the TV over Wifi is wildly inconsistent.  Sometimes it finds the TV fairly quickly, other times is takes up to about 2 minutes.    I would think Samsung would have written a custom discovery protocal that works quickly.  I'm thinking it might be pinging ip/port on the lan looking for a response.  I had been power cycling the TV thinking that the server died.  That is apparently not the case.  Give it a couple of minutes before hitting the wall.

Highlighted

After spending hours trying to connebct my Samsung S9 to aan LG Smart TV, I found that the following link worked straight away!!!  

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/what-is-screen-mirroring-and-how-do-i-use-it-with-...

Didn't matter that I didn't have a Samsung TV.  

Highlighted

Hi,

I tried turning the adaptive battery option off and it still does it,but thanks anyway.

Highlighted

My si connectés, but then disconnects after 10 secondes

I have tried force stom. Checked several settings....

Getting me mad!

Highlighted
Apprentice

My LG TV had the option to share content but no Screen Mirroring. My problem resolved when changing TV Settings > Network > Wi-Fi Direct. This was not switched on. Now it's ON i can share and mirror my S9 with Screen Share open on TV and casting Smart Things on Phone.

Top Liked Authors