Support

Open search

Unable to connect screen mirroring/smart view s9+

Highlighted
First Poster

I have just upgraded to the s9+ and the device no longer detects my Samsung Tv's but does the Chromecast devices I have in the Smart View application.

I used to be able to play movies without screen sharing giving me the ability to still be able to use my device whilst the content was playing.

Unfortunately the settings within smart share are limited and I have gone through the settings on my Tv's to ensure they are permitted but the phone just will not pick them up.

I have been casting to my screens since the all share days which worked perfectly fine.

Any ideas what could be stopping my device from working in this way again?

46 REPLIES 46
Highlighted

I’m having the same problem with my Microsoft wireless adapter.  When it does connect it is only  for maybe two or three seconds.   have you found a fix connecting your S9 plus to your wireless Microsoft adapter

thanks

Highlighted

Mine stay connected fine, just won't always make the connection. The Microsoft wireless adapter and s9+ that is.

Highlighted

My S9 plus connects to the Microsoft wireless adapter for maybe 3 seconds and then it disconnects.. do you mind telling me the version update on your Microsoft adapter and the version also on your Smart View. I would really appreciate it thank you

Highlighted

@Please_help_ll wrote:

My S9 plus connects to the Microsoft wireless adapter for maybe 3 seconds and then it disconnects.. do you mind telling me the version update on your Microsoft adapter and the version also on your Smart View. I would really appreciate it thank you

I'll have a look in the next day or so for the adapter firmware. I'm using a first gen stick with the latest firmware off memory for this application. Haven't tried it on my second gen adapter with the s9+ yet.

Smart view is the default app installed on the s9+ upgraded to 4.1.56

Highlighted

My smart view app is version 4.1.48

It says it is the latest version. Not sure how to get the version u have .56?

Highlighted
First Poster

Hi had this issue too, been trying all day, tried absolutely everything I read on google, cleared my cache, rebooted in safe mode, turned my tv off and reset my wifi, tried the developer mode turning allow wifi thing on, amongst loads of othet things, nothing worked, however, found out how to fix the issue myself and it's so easy😁 thought i'd share because i havent read this anywhere else. go to settings on your tv, expert settings, then mobile device manager, make sure access notification is switched on, check mobile device list , make sure your mobile device is allowed, mine was denied. Hope this helps. 👌👏👍

Highlighted

thank you for your feedback!!  i could not find that setting on my tv.  i am trying to connect to a microsoft wirelesss adapter via miracast technology.

any thoughts?

thanks!

ll

Highlighted

The model code for my tv is ua55k6500 

and im using an S9+ too please assist urgently 

Highlighted

My TV model UN60ES6100F doesn't show up on scan for mirroring I just upgraded my phone to An S9plus from an S6edge now I can't mirror movies 

So new 9+ and just tried to smart view and it showed the connecting and allow device which I said allow and then it disappeared and now it won't find the Samsung TV at all ? 

I went to advance settings on TV and it showed the S9+ and it was allowed ? Restarted bothphone and TV and still nothing ?

Top Liked Authors