Support

Open search

This new update literally sucks

Highlighted
Apprentice

Really upset as well, even the time is flipped over to the left side I'm never goi f to get used to that and all the comors changed from things we have learned to recognize over the years all our basic tools look strange is gonna b slow going and was not constructive or purposeful. Total bs I wish u never allowed the update I usually avoid for a long time but had the time and went with it. Miserable 

Highlighted
Apprentice
Colors* sorry ranting first thing in the morning lol typos
Highlighted

Just had to update my Samsung S8+ in a mandatory fashion, and it is the absolute worst change I have ever seen. Many of the stylistic features remind me of the iPhone. Why did I get an Android device in the first place? Placing the clock on the upper left side is utterly distracting at all moments of the day. It was originally on the upper right, where it was never noticed unless I actually wanted to view it. Then, of course, there is the fact that you cannot customize your UI. On top of that everything has a very childish, cartoon-like feel to it. Even when I view the clock and the alarm settings, everything is made larger as though I have some severe issue reading up close. I also have to mention that being unable to disable the Bixby button is absolutely horrendous. It was already placed in the worst spot possible, but now there is nothing you can do about it. News flash Samsung, we never wanted it in the first place! As it stands a product I use every single day, and perhaps the most used product I have frustrates me to no end every second thanks to this new update.

Samsung, you should know that you have most likely lost a customer after this. Customers do not want Bixby or other apps that are severely intrusive, that's why we turn it off, disable, and prevent them from working in the first place. 

Forcing your customers to deal with  Bixby, forcing updates to occur that no one wants, having zero UI customization capability, copying the stylistic choices of Apple, and just forcing your ideas on customers is taking its toll. At present, Samsung is 100% off my list of product choices, whether its a TV, phone, tablet, a washer/dryer, or anything else. 

Highlighted
First Poster

I switched from iPhone to Samsung about 7 years ago.  I loved Samsung and always recomended it wouldnt traded it for anything, .... until this update.  This is the worse update ever!! Not worth my money!! If it doesnt change back soon, I'm switching!! Notifications sucks now, camera totally sucks and gallery suck, cant even find some of my pics or folders anymore. Settings ...my Screen rotation, where did it goooo?  Why samsung??#Samsucks!! 

Highlighted

I just joined the community and have no idea of how to post to a thread, don't see any options. This new update sucks. I called Verizon and Samsung and said so and yelled at these morons on the phone that I paid for and that I now hate. And demanded to speak with or email someone at Samsung to figure out what 13 year old programmer ruined everyone's phone. So, if you can post it up, here's the email that samSTUNG - stung by a suck ass update, gave me to complain, so post it everywhere and everyone should send a million emails to get them to revert back to what we all paid for:

officeofthepresident@sea.samsung.com

So maybe if people use that they'll revert back or something. It's just awful. Lost data. BS icons, pushed ads and games, unrecognizable icons, colors, it looks like this phone was made for a 13 year old or someone who is 90 years old.  Want to throw it out the window on the highway.

Highlighted
Navigator
Arybec. Well it ain't gonna change back on it's own! Lol read the thread for rollback instructions!
Highlighted
Observer

Agree fully the new update sucks! All my settings are out the door!

Highlighted
First Poster

I did figure out if you change themes, you can find one where you can at least see the options

Highlighted

The calendar update totally sucks! You cannot see each date only the day of the week that you are on. In order to set an appointment in my calendar I literally have to take the time to count or multiply.  This is the worst update by far! Way to go Samsung. 😠

Highlighted
Apprentice
Yep. Its not very pretty...Samsung giving us the ability to customize then taking it away. I am so done with defending Samsung only to have them go backward. Then, they ignor everyones complaints. Never a word...
Top Liked Authors