Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

The case oif the disappearing keyboard

(Topic created on: 04-04-2020 05:00 PM)
Claudio584
Apprentice
Options

Heaven knows what I've done - if it was me! - but the keyboard keeps disappearing. At first I thought it was just on the Internet app, but now realise that it happens in every app. Sometimes it pops up - and then it randomly disappears, sometimes coming back. I've cleared the cache but that hasn't made a bit of difference. The latest update was a month ago and it's only just started happening, so could I have caused this without noticing?

Any wizards ready to help out an *****?

Thanks.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

To be fair I do use the Samsung Keyboard myself and don't experience those issues @Claudio584 

Try going into Settings , Apps, Samsung Keyboard, Location, Clear cache and data.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

View solution in context

6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Are you using the Samsung Keyboard @Claudio584 

First try Safe Mode which disables any downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones working and then see what happens. If it stops then one or more of your apps are causing this. Come out of Safe Mode and start deleting your most recent apps one at a time until it stops.

If the issue does not stop in Safe Mode then..

1. Turn the phone off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phones system files and clear the cache.  No info is lost this way.

If no help....

2. Back up and remove any relevant Sd card and factory reset as a last resort.

If no help.....

3. Use a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre when they reopen after the COVID-19 pandemic has ended.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Claudio584
Apprentice
Options

Thanks, BandOfBrothers - somebody in the real world isn't impressed with me trying just one soft reset, so I'm going to try another two or three (I'm that desperate - well, I can't carry my laptop around with me!).

Yes, it is the Samsung keyboard (you live and learn - I didn't realise I have a choice!)

If the soft resets don't work, I'll give your methods a go. They sounds reasonable enough - again, I'm living and learning.

Cheers, C!

Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

To be fair I do use the Samsung Keyboard myself and don't experience those issues @Claudio584 

Try going into Settings , Apps, Samsung Keyboard, Location, Clear cache and data.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Claudio584
Apprentice
Options

Thanks BandOfBrothers - something worked. :smiling-face: It's now back working as it was. Thanks for support (practical and moral.)

Cheers, C!

Wrath of Lola
First Poster
Options

mine did that quite a bit initially, but I was using the Google Keyboard. With the updates it stopped. It recently started again this week and I found an article on the Samsung support site but none of the solutions worked. 

Then I got a Google "notification" asking if I wanted to keep "driving mode" activated since I'm no longer moving.

When I turned it off, my keyboard came back. Looks like it might be a Google assistant safety feature but I don't remember installing or activating Google assistant!

0 Likes
Members_Lq8WOU1
First Poster
Options

Hi, my keyboard (both Samsung and Microsoft Swiftkey) kept disappearing on my new Galaxy S22 Ultra.

At first, I thought that the only way to get the keyboard going again was a phone restart.

But then once the keyboard came back on by itself. After investigating my last actions, it turned out that as long as my phone was still in "driving mode" the keyboard disappeared. They driving mode was shown as a notification on the pull-down screen on the main screen. Once I turned off driving mode, they keyboard came back. (I am using Google maps on my screen for navigation) 

0 Likes