Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartphone or Bear Grylls? Galaxy S9 Survives Being Lost in the Alps for 5 months.

(Topic created on: 15-07-2019 04:34 PM)
AntS
Options

Cool S9 story in Samsung UK's Twitter inbox last week! :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

Skier finds their Samsung Galaxy S9 that was lost on a mountain in the Alps for five months… and it works perfectly.

S9_endurance_s.jpg

Lost... 

So, back in February, Jamie gut-wrenchingly lost his  Galaxy S9 on a snow-covered Alpine mountain he was skiing down - along with all the awesome photos he had been taking with the phone.

A search at the time turned up a blank; and Jamie was resigned to the sad truth that the phone was lost to the wild might of the mountain.

Endurance...

For five months, enduring altitude, rain, snow, ice , freezing cold, heat, sun, wind, and anything else the mountain could throw at it, the S9 patiently lay asleep upon the Alpine slopes.

... And Found! 

Five months after their  abrupt parting, whilst he was in the same area,  a sudden urge struck Jamie to maybe try another search for the lost phone. Perhaps like last time, it would be in vain - but if you don't try you never succeed, right?

This time slim hope was rewarded with... SUCCESS!

Powering up the dormant phone resulted in the joyful whir and stir of awakened machine life - and the rediscovery of all those photo memories; perfectly preserved in pristine condition!

Screenshots of events in the owner's own words BTW:

15330F00CED646A8E56DDCC92453BBDA.jpg23551C5E9D726E71365A878471D539A1.jpg

Credit to Jamie (aka jpurkynipps) via @SkiPeak for letting us know about this one. Cheers! :smiling-face-with-sunglasses::fisted-hand::thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

2 REPLIES 2
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Well that really is amazing-though that would have been long shot.   Good to have the cherished memories back :smiling-face:    No chance of losing my phone skiing   mind you :face-with-tears-of-joy:

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

SjorsK
Maestro
Options
Super cool! Honestly no surprises that the S9 series is super durable (As long you use a proper coffer :winking-face: ). I have it for quite some time and it survived.... Me, and believe me when I say it that I abuse my phone, a lot. I really buy my phones based on build quality :smiling-face:

Where the S8 series where leading for innovation, the S9 series perfected and made it and made it extremely durable :smiling-face:

I love my S9+ :winking-face:
0 Likes