Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow Boot Time S10+

(Topic created on: 07-07-2020 04:32 PM)
KyleMartial
First Poster
Options

I performed a factory reset on my S10+ and then after a few hours I restarted the phone and the reboot took 23 minutes. The phone was just stuck on a black screen with word "SAMSUNG". I just left the phone and after 23 minutes I was able to use it. The phone had the latest update installed. After using the phone for a couple of hours without any problems I switched it off for ten seconds. I then turned it on and the same thing happened. Its been over 25 minutes and I can't use the phone. Please help.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options
@KyleMartial: Following the factory reset, did you install any third party applications? If so, please can you temporarily uninstall them, then press the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts. If the issue persists, power off the phone, then press the Volume Up , Bixby and Power keys together until the Samsung logo appears on screen. Release the buttons at this stage, and you should see a Recovery Mode screen. Using the Volume Down button, scroll to Wipe Cache Partition, and hit the power button to select it. Select 'Yes', then scroll to Reboot System Now on the Recovery Menu, and tap the Power button. Let me know how you get on.
0 Likes
KyleMartial
First Poster
Options

I performed a factory reset on my phone as instructed by Samsung call center support agent. After that my phone loaded all my previous apps from google drive. The phone appears to work fine when it is on however it won't restart. I tried to restart and gets past "Samsung s10+ powered by android" screen but then gets stuck on a black background with the word "SAMSUNG" in white block letters. I waited for 25 minutes and then it suddenly started working. The phone appeared to be working fine. I tried to switch it off for ten seconds and then power up and the same problem happened except this time it didn't start working. After 70 mins I pushed the power button and then it started up. The phone appeared to be working fine. I then noticed that the microphone didn't work for voice calls on Whatsapp and Messenger although it did work for video calls on those two apps. I checked the Samsung updates were installed and that Messenger and Whats app are up to date. My voice recorder app works. If I switch from video call to voice call the microphone works. If I start a voice call it doesn't work. This makes me think that it is not a hardware issue. I tried to hold the Volume down and power buttons as advised by Samsung moderator but the phone is now stuck on the black screen with the word "SAMSUNG" in white block letters again. What should I do when the phone eventually restarts and I have another chance at trouble shooting? I am South Africa indefinitely so I can't go to walk in center.

0 Likes