Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show Network Type on S9

(Topic created on: 02-10-2020 12:53 PM)
Ayjay
First Poster
Options

Hi all,   New to the S9 and first time poster here so please be gentle.  I've just got a new to me S9 running Android 10 and am doing reasonably well with setting it up but cannot get it to show what type of network (ie. 3G or 4G etc.) on the home screen.  My previous phone was a Motorola Mot G6 (which I was happy with but now has a cracked screen) used to show exactly that  information in the top right hand corner alongside signal strengths and battery level.but the S9 only shows signal strengths (for mobile and WiFi) and battery.  To add to my confusion I've got the Network Signal Strength app installed and that seems to confirm that I am on 4G BUT when I go to Settings / Connections / Mobile networks / Network Mode, the only options are for 'LTE/3G/2G (auto connect)', '3G only' or '2G only' - the first one is selected.

I would have posted screenshots but do not see that facility but should be very grateful for any advice on how to solve the problem. Many thanks in advance.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@Ayjay: Form what you've described it seems like you're S9 is set up correctly, with the LTE/3G/2G (auto connect) option designed to connect to the strongest available mobile data signal in your area. Your signal strength will only show when you have Mobile Data activated, therefore please can you confirm if you have done this, either by swiping from the top of the screen to the bottom and tapping 'Mobile Data', or heading to Settings > Connections > Data Usage > Mobile Data > On?

0 Likes
Ayjay
First Poster
Options

Hi Andrew.  My thanks for your response and sorry that I took a while to get back.  Actually, I think my problem has now gone away or, more correctly, didn't exist in the first place - I noticed that it said 'LTE' in a minuscule font alongside the signal strength but confess that I didn't really know what LTE was until I googled it.  I now know that it's supposed to be synonymous with 4G (albeit a little bit slower).  So yes, it actually showed mobile signal type and strength all along and I'm an *****.  As I said above, thanks for your response and my apologies in advance for the next stupid question.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Ayjay: Thank you for keeping me updated, and no need to apologise. There's no such thing as a silly question on here, so if you have any further questions or queries then please don't hesitate to ask away :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Aix1
First Poster
Options
My mobile date is on and only shows 2g 3g under mobile networks?! Why dont I have 4g 5g on samsung s9?
0 Likes