Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

screen problem - washed out color and black crush grain with some horizontal faded lines

(Topic created on: 24-09-2020 12:44 AM)
guiribeiro
First Poster
Options

Samsung S9 started to have screen problems a few weeks ago, after doing several official updates. this happened just before the 2 year guarantee expired (coincidence?). because of the pandemic I couldnt go to the samsung store and action on the guarantee. have  factory reset, and clean up cache and still a problem. 

does anyone have a solution or faced the same problem?

thanks

0 Likes
46 REPLIES 46
Gelo024
First Poster
Options

Same goes for my s9 plus. I also try factory reset but nothing change. 

0 Likes
CaptainKayos
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same problem here. Appears to be a thermal problem that started a couple of months ago after update. Works fine when cold, but colours get washed out and screen goes dull once warmed up. I've logged the problem with Samsung Australia, but haven't received a response. Probably waiting for the warranty to run out before replying...
I've tried resets and other suggestions to no avail.  Anybody got a solution for this yet?

Wenz07
First Poster
Options

I have the same issues with the screen display as well. After the software update last month, it started to have black crush and some yellowish color with horizontal lines when I adjust the brightness. I can only use either the low or high brightness but still has black crush. It also flickers when I unlock my phone. This phone is just 1 year and 8 months old. I tried searching for solutions and it seems to be a common problem on Samsung phones. I hope they fix this already. I though the latest software update would fix the issue but it's still the same. It's really frustrating 

k3vincho
Student
Options

It is the black crush or color sweep (gradient), many of us are having this problem and Samsung still does not solve it. I've been waiting for an update for 3 months to solve it, just as they did in the first months of 2019 when this same problem happened (it is software), which with a security patch was fixed 😠😡

Devtiger
Apprentice
Options

its a software issue and samsung is not interested in solving it 

rajub
Apprentice
Options

This started off an intermittent issue for me. Colours were fine, then turning the screen off and then back on again quickly used to trigger it. A reboot would have fixed it back then (until the next quick power off and on again). This was 100% fixed sometime mid-year with an update - so it's definitely a software bug. However since the Oct update, the screen is now fully in faded/black crush mode. Nov update did nothing. Dec update is not available via OTA in my country. Anyone have similar experience? Did Dec update fix it? Fingers-crossed that it does.

fez_m
First Poster
Options

Any update? Has anyone managed to fix this issue? Seems like such a shame after an update something has broken and yet no fix after so long.

0 Likes
iag_007
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue, the mobile heats and then the screen goes away.

0 Likes
gmp009
Apprentice
Options

I am having same issue after updating it to ONEUI 2.5, P.S i am on December security update.

0 Likes
Mariusmunteanu
Apprentice
Options

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/app-amoled-pwmfree.3898070/

this soft helped me. Sorry for the late answer but just found it out myself

0 Likes