Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen issues with my galaxy S9 Flickering, Green/Yellow tint and Black bars

(Topic created on: 25-10-2020 02:14 PM)
Бане
Explorer
Options

So my phone was working fine the screen colors where ok I went to the bathroom to wash my hands and got back to this IMG_20201025_124324.jpgIMG_20201025_124408.jpgIMG_20201025_124510.jpgIMG_20201025_131432.jpg

as you can see the screen got a yellow/green tint out of nowhere, I thought it might have happened from heat (tho I have no idea how it might have goten hot since its 20 degrees in the room and the phone wasn't exposed to direct sunlight and was not in the vicinity of any heat source) and let it cool off for half an hour when i powered the phone back on I couldnt see anything on the screen although it powered up I saw the start screen with the same tint clearly once the phone booted up i got this IMG_20201025_150143.jpgand I couldnt make out anything and as of now i cant use my phone I can't call someone or I can't answer a phone call which is just .... fantastic, so I'm asking you guys do you have any ideas on what i should do to fix this issue and is there any explanation on what might be the cause of the issue. Looking forward to your replies.

64 REPLIES 64
fishermancolin
Explorer
Options
Well done i have the same thing, thanks to sept upgrade try the bixby button quickly once
Бане
Explorer
Options

I pressed the bixby button by mistake from what little I see of the screen I saw that I opened bixby but not much else the screen did not come back to life or anything, if you managed to solve this issue might you tell me how?

0 Likes
fishermancolin
Explorer
Options
try full turn off with pin (if you have one to lock unlock phone and if not fully charged the phone and try again ,turn off the phone 4/5 times helps for me ,but now makes the phone cr@@@
0 Likes
fishermancolin
Explorer
Options
just started again and taped the screen 5times backnow but it seems to be diming ,battery is 30% and is running hot ,can youturn off your phone??

0 Likes
fishermancolin
Explorer
Options
oh,try full brilliant in the pull down page -======+
0 Likes
Бане
Explorer
Options

I tried this didn't work but I managed to get the brightness to the max by shining a flashlight and disabling adaptive brightness so for the time being I have the whole screen showing up but it's far from peak brightness

0 Likes
fishermancolin
Explorer
Options
go into your settings, go to auto brilliant, turn off, and manually set it to middle, or high ,try changing the "back photo"
0 Likes
fishermancolin
Explorer
Options
the 1st September update altered the automatic brite settings you have to go into settings and reset it to middle or high level mine on middle so far it ok
0 Likes
Бане
Explorer
Options

Do the colors on your screen look normal because my screen looks like the worlds worst LCD panel, the colors make my eyes bleed -.-'

0 Likes