Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S9 Plus not updating OS

(Topic created on: 07-08-2020 06:58 PM)
skoobaskunk
First Poster
Options

Looking for a little assistance please.

I live in the UK and own Samsung S9 Plus (SM-G965F) however this phone is not receiving OTA updates (OS still stuck at Android 8.0) and when connected to Smart Switch the application tells me that the software is up to date.

The phones CSC is G965FOXM2BRG8, which I am led to believe is a Multi-CSC firmware and not sure if this is the root cause of the issue and if this somehow needs to be changed to a UK specific CSC so that OTA updates can commence normally?  I'd prefer to receive stock updates as there a number of different tutorials out there that can be a tad contradictory, plus I'd prefer not to brick my phone 😉

Thanks

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
NoteGuyIreland
Voyager
Options
Have you tried updating with either no sim or a different sim in the phone?

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Solution
NoteGuyIreland
Voyager
Options
Have you tried updating with either no sim or a different sim in the phone?
0 Likes
skoobaskunk
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the response @NoteGuyIreland.

Do you mean popping the SIM and then trying the update over WiFi or via Smart Sync?

BTW hit the solved button in error 🤦‍♂️

0 Likes
leeus111
First Poster
Options

Hello all,

my wife's phone hasn't updated once since she bought it a year ago. It is saying the latest software is installed, but hasn't updated since Sept 2018. We have tried a few things already to fix it, including:

We have also discovered something unusual in that she thought she had a 64GB internal memory, bought from Amazon UK, but in actual fact has 256GB! The model number is saying G960F, which apparently doesn't even come in 256GB!

As well as this, her CSC is showing BTU/BTU/TEL, which I have read as Australia. I myself have a Galaxy S9, and mine shows BTU/BTU/BTU. Because of the memory discrepancy, we are wondering whether the phone was actually a refurbished model rather than new, as it should have been?

Neither of us are techy people and most of what I have discovered so far has come from reading online. If anyone has any other bright ideas we would really appreciate it. The phone is only a year old and we would rather fix it than sell it!

Many thanks,

Leeus 111

0 Likes
r1cky13
Helping Hand
Options
Well I had that phone it is from the model number a s9 and theses are the actual specs for that phone but the sm g 960u was a 256.GB phone as its says here on GSM.arenaScreenshot_20201029-214447_Samsung Internet Beta.jpgScreenshot_20201029-214434_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg
0 Likes
r1cky13
Helping Hand
Options
0 Likes
r1cky13
Helping Hand
Options
and most of the s9 range was 64gb so you got a deal if its a 256gb phone pal .and the answer to your problem maybe as easy as reseting the phone and deleting the cache and trying again from fresh if that sorts it if not try a phone shop as you seem to have covered most of what id normally tell someone to do or suggest with that issue
0 Likes
abhiNalways
First Poster
Options

I have a similar issue. I havent been able to udpate my S9 Plus in netherlands since  January 2020. Basically I am still on Android 9 / One UI 1.0. 

When I try to update it says that my software is upto date.

Any solutions?

0 Likes