Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S9 Plus freezing and lag issues

(Topic created on: 07-05-2020 03:01 PM)
Ali_Ra44
First Poster
Options

Hello Samsung Community,

I own the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Exynos Version, and I have owned this for about over a year now.

Recently I experienced some problem on my phone. The problem is that the DO NOT DISTURB feature keeps turning on by itself, and then my phone just freezes out onto the AOD display and when I try to re-enter onto my phone through fingerprint or pin, it goes back and freezes onto the aod display. The brightness automatically goes all the way down and its really dark.

From here, the only way to reaccess my phone is to do a force reset by holding the power button and volume down.

Any suggestions? Thanks

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
CarlH
Options

Hi, @Ali_Ra44. Do you have any other apps running when this happens? How much internal storage do you have available?

0 Likes
Enjay
Voyager
Options

I always do a factory reset after a big update like going onto android 9 then onto 10. I find don't get any problems with that.

I think sometimes little bits of data get left behind and mess things up but a factory reset is like a fresh install. 

0 Likes
Ali_Ra44
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I dont think its to do with storage as I have 80GB of free space. I have many apps running in the background such as security apps. 

0 Likes
Ali_Ra44
First Poster
Options
Hi thanks for fhe reply

Do you reccomend i should factory reset?
0 Likes
Enjay
Voyager
Options

@Ali_Ra44 wrote:
Hi thanks for fhe reply

Do you reccomend i should factory reset?

I would, just be sure to back up anything you want to keep, pictures, export contacts etc. I use an SD card or hook up to the pc myself but there's also sansung cloud and that. 

0 Likes
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

Trying a factory reset is always the first step but issues can persist, occasionally the system partition or a file on it is corrupt, a factory reset will not fix it. A factory reset depends on the system partition being in good shape.

If anything on the system partition is messed up, flashing the device will completely rewrite the device memory with a new copy of the firmware.

0 Likes