!-- End Google Optimize -->
Support

Open search

Samsung s9 android Pie Update Problems

Highlighted
Apprentice

i've recently updated my S9 to android pie + one UI

1.when i swipe up (new navigation bar) to recent apps, in horizontal view it always...go in to recent apps tab view -> wait awhile then switch to vertical view..which is very delaying + slowing down the movement and annoying...like when im at a full view horizontal game and i decided to go to recent apps view i swipe up to recent apps, it goes from horizontal view to vertical view not instantly but delay and turn.

2. recent apps button after u swipe up or click, it always go to the recent apps view but in a second it will move to the last apps i used which i only wanted to see the recent apps not samsung helping me to 1.go recent apps 2.move to the last apps used (please note it does nt go into the apps just showing the last used apps view in recent apps tab view) 3.i need to swipe my screeen left to move back to the apps im using to close it..very annoying

3.the fingerprint reader reaction got slowed down, the whole ui got slowed down..

158 REPLIES 158
Highlighted

To amplify on my latest post:

Google *certifies* the OS (as much as they can, granted) to the manufacturers, but cannot, just cannot be held responsible for whatever the manufacturer does on top of the OS.

That's, again, Android's curse and blessing, compared to Apple's iOS : they allow much, much, much forking and customizing of the OS, while with Apple, you get a monolithic version of every iOS version (...unless you jailbreak it and use Cydia 😛 ).

Again: Google certifies the core OS. Whatever happens next is out of their responsability. See my previous post on Linux distros versus Linux kernel. That's the best I could come off with.

-- Jeff

Highlighted
Yes sir Captain Obvious. I like how I had you going and Mr. Brains that you are insued with arguing lol. Go get a life instead of sitting behind a phone or tablet that you are on trying to prove you're smarter than someone else online. You're just as ignorant as I am so that's that... lol
Highlighted

I guess my point is made, thanks for underlying it !

@Unyonface wrote:
Yes sir Captain Obvious. I like how I had you going and Mr. Brains that you are insued with arguing lol. Go get a life instead of sitting behind a phone or tablet that you are on trying to prove you're smarter than someone else online. You're just as ignorant as I am so that's that... lol

Highlighted

Do you know that its Samsung's responsibility to make sure that the update that Google provides has no compatibility issues or bugs and NOT Google's. Why do you think Samsung releases it's own tweaked update a few months after Google officially releases theirs for it's own Google smartphones because Samsung has to test the update on their own smartphones to make sure it runs fine and iron out any bugs or other issues because their hardware, UI, Skins etc are different from any other manufacturer. Other smartphone manufacturers like Sony, LG etc who's hardware runs Android have to do the same and hence why some manufacturers release their own tweaked and tested update earlier or later than others. This is why Samsung provides the end user the update rather than Google. I hope now you understand how updates are released and why its Samsung and NOT Google to blame because its Samsumgs responsibility to make sure the that the update runs fine on its hardware after all the testing and tweaking that they have done.

Highlighted

Exactly, well said.

Highlighted
Calm down mate, no need to start insulting other people on here.
Highlighted

I am facing exactly same issue after i have updated my Note8 to Pie. Very irritating. Can soemone guide how to get rid of this?

Highlighted

can u tell us that specific app so that we may also get rid of this issue.

Highlighted

This is really irritating. So many things going wrong with my S9+ since the update. I get a pop up every few mins saying "Setting Stopped working" The battery that customarily lasts me from 12 to 14 hours, is draining in 4... wtf? Um also getting all kinds of apps just bug out or freeze including the screen. This update has been but a headache and I can't find a way to uninstall it. 

Someone suggested here factory resetting the phone, so I also fid that with no good outcome. Still the same issues. Samsung needs to release a patch ASAP, I'm about to smash this phone out of frustration

Highlighted
There are a couple YouTube videos that I came across which I found easy. He gives all of the directions to aquire the original firmware for your device.
Top Liked Authors