Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health doesn't care about heart rate values for burned calories counting

(Topic created on: 23-12-2020 10:59 AM)
Rui_Pedro
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I've tested my Samsung Health App version 6.12.3.001 on Samsung Galaxy S9, Android 10 and found out that it most likely works (?) poorly.

I've attached 2 screenshots showing my point. Two exercises on a static bike (one called "HIIT" and the other "Zone 2") for 40 minutes count the EXACT same amount of calories burned.

Even though on the "HIIT" example my heart rate has obvious spikes due to the exerted effort having an average value of 134 bpm and a max. value of 177 bpm.

On the "Zone 2" example, it is basically a "straight" line (heart rate zone 2) averaging 114 bpm with a max. value of 127.

So, on the "HIIT" example the average bpm value is higher than the max. value on "Zone 2" and for some reason I've managed to burn the exact same amount of calories!

Even though I'm using a Garmin HRM band, the chart shows that Samsung Health is acquiring and displaying the heart rate values (the app displays in real time my heart rate value) so why doesn't the App use those values to calculate a more accurate calories burning value?

HIIT.jpgZone 2.jpg

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'd suggest to send this feedback direct to the Samsung Development Team via your Samsung Members App @Rui_Pedro 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Rui_Pedro
Explorer
Options

Hey @BandOfBrothers 

I already did but got the usual answer that doesn't answer anything!

0 Likes