Support

Open search

Samsung Galaxy S9+ connection with Car

Highlighted
First Poster

any chance to get this up and running with a Ford Edge 2014?

All audio is not streamed via bluetooth and not via USB. 

with my Windows 1ß phone this was running flawless and in a couple of minutes

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

It is probably beneficial to speak also with your car dealership and or any applicable app developer being used to connect. 

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung Phone User.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui 2.1 / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.
Samsung Galaxy Buds.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Highlighted

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

It is probably beneficial to speak also with your car dealership and or any applicable app developer being used to connect. 

Maybe, but this is a Samsung problem and after some internet research a well known. Simple Bluetooth or USB with car is not working, audio is not streaming to the car. 

Highlighted

SmartSelect_20181009-093423_Settings.jpg

browsing through all this options configered like the above. What works now is, that I can stream audio via bluetooth, I can read text messages via my Ford Sync but not via Cortana. Need to switch back & forth between AUX and phone. However, in principle the Samsung can do it, but not very user friendly, or I didn't find the right configuration.

Highlighted

on previous phones we have had this and its not the phone, car manufactures are years behind and will not provide any info to phone companies under a rulling called block redemption Ford are well known for this your car is a 2014 model when that was developed it was done on 2012 tecnolagy 

even a S5 will struggle. Car manufactures are qwick to blame Phone manufactures but its there poor Blutooth that is to blame 

even now there only doing compatable devises with Android or Apple with screen share 

why not put a updatable systems in using firmware updates oh some car manufactures do but dont tell you eg Merc or bmw 

Highlighted

@Ndj wrote:

on previous phones we have had this and its not the phone, car manufactures are years behind and will not provide any info to phone companies under a rulling called block redemption Ford are well known for this your car is a 2014 model when that was developed it was done on 2012 tecnolagy 

even a S5 will struggle. Car manufactures are qwick to blame Phone manufactures but its there poor Blutooth that is to blame 

even now there only doing compatable devises with Android or Apple with screen share 

why not put a updatable systems in using firmware updates oh some car manufactures do but dont tell you eg Merc or bmw 

Thanks for your perspective and try to help me and others. I disagree that this is on a car manufacturer. With my Windows Phone 10, produced in January 2018, it worked flawless. Same with an iPhone. Screen share is also not part of the game. It's a simple bluetouth connection and that the Samsung stream all information to Ford Sync. The phone can overrule the Ford Sync system, and lets say Cortana is responding, handle text and calls. After hours of searching in different settings I was able to make the connection and also Ford Sync communicate with the Samsung now. I checked also with TomTom mobile, and it's working. However, Samsung should have a simple app to run the configuration, setup the prefered voice control, which assistant read text messages and take the calls. If someone is aware about such an App, I would appreciate the information. Thanks!

Highlighted

I agree that it is not on the car. My car is AmperaE by GM. On my phone, S9, I am not able or allowed to change the setting of the USB from "Only charging" to anything else (3 other options). When trying to change it, it just off again after a couple seconds. Might be some security setting that haven't found. Anybody that knows?

Top Liked Authors