Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung email massive data usage and battery drain.

(Topic created on: 07-05-2019 07:38 PM)
Oggy1974
Apprentice
Options

Hi all. Looking for a possible solution/answer to my problem.

Today I had a data usage warning appear. It turns out that that in less than 1 day my email had used just over 20gb of mobile date, 35% battery and 11 hrs running in the background.

Anybody else had a similar problem?

I have a 30gb monthly allowance, which I very rarely use more than 10.

0 Likes
Go to solution
26 REPLIES 26
Ceetee
Apprentice
Options
Why do we have this problem in the first place. I lost 15gb in one night. What is it doing, why is it doing it, what has changed?
0 Likes
Ceetee
Apprentice
Options

I have now deleted Samsung Mail and swapped to Outlook.  At last I feel confident I'm not going to lose 15gb of data over night, which is what happened last week.  I noticed (luckily) this evening itcwas up to the same trick but stopped it after I lost 3 gb.  Why is it doing this, even with background data switched off?  Unbelievable!

0 Likes
JaakkoK
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue as well. I uninstalled it from google play store which seems to have fixed the problem. I use gmail and outlook for email anyway.

0 Likes
martinvines
First Poster
Options

There is an issue with Samsung Email when using Nova Launcher and Tesla Unread (Add on to Nova Launcher to show unread count). Samsung Email was consuming a lot of battery. This seemed to be because Tesla Unread was getting confused. I have since discovered that Tesla Unread is no longer required with Nova Launcher. Simply uninstall Tesla Unread. Go to the Nova Settings, Notification badges and customise your badge settings. This could be a solution for some users.

0 Likes
Bee4
First Poster
Options

I've got the same problem and have tried to follow the suggestions.  However, it won't let me uninstall the Samsung email app.  Also, I don't seem to have the battery sleeping option suggested.  

0 Likes
RamiSrour
First Poster
Options

I've had this issue with the Samsung Email app since the Note8 released(august 2017!!), and it's still a problem NOW in 2020 when I bought a Galaxy S10. I always just uninstall the app and install Outlook instead. Way better email app anyways.

Ceetee
Apprentice
Options

It is extraordinary they haven't addressed this.  I have a Samsung watch and this doesn't work too well with the 3rd party messaging app, but I'd rather suffer that than the ridiculous  drain on data and battery.  What are they thinking?

0 Likes
raoasim
Student
Options

I found a solution of this and thats working... Problem is actually from latest update that is uploading too much data (dont know what is uploading). 

I done following:

- deactivate admin rights for email app

-goto setting

-apps

-email app

-three dot at top. Tap uninstall updates

- download previous version 6.1.01.0 apk from apkpure

- install that and everything is fine now. Data usage is now at very lowest. Rafar to snap

Screenshot_20200814-105127_GlassWire.jpg

0 Likes
raoasim
Student
Options

I found a solution of this and thats working... Problem is actually from latest update that is uploading too much data (dont know what is uploading). 

I done following:

- deactivate admin rights for email app

-goto setting

-apps

-email app

-three dot at top. Tap uninstall updates

- download previous version 6.1.01.0 apk from apkpure

- install that and everything is fine now. Data usage is now at very lowest. Rafar to snap

Screenshot_20200814-105127_GlassWire.jpg

0 Likes
Members_yV23P8U
Apprentice
Options

You want to turn off Samsung Free. Keep swiping right past the home page and you will find it. Pinch the screen and the page will reduce and you will see an "on/off" toggle. Switch it off. It is anything but free

0 Likes