Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9 With lower poor sound quality after upgrade to android pie

(Topic created on: 30-03-2019 03:05 PM)
Gromas
Apprentice
Options

I used to love the sound quality of my S9 but since I upgraded to the latest Android version (pie) the sound is much lower and poor quality.

Is Samsung aware of this? Is anyone else experiencing this?

Is there a way to fix this?

Many thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
ChelseaH
Voyager
Options
Hey Gromas!
After upgrading the S9 to Pie I didn't see much difference in the sound. I'd probably check to see whether Dolby Atmos is enabled because this can make such a difference with the sound quality. You can find this in Settings > Sound and Vibration > Advanced Sound Settings > Sound Quality and Effects > Dolby Atmos.
0 Likes
EduadoV
Journeyman
Options

I have the same problem!

Samsung should fix it.......

Gromas
Apprentice
Options

@ChelseaH wrote:
Hey Gromas!
After upgrading the S9 to Pie I didn't see much difference in the sound. I'd probably check to see whether Dolby Atmos is enabled because this can make such a difference with the sound quality. You can find this in Settings > Sound and Vibration > Advanced Sound Settings > Sound Quality and Effects > Dolby Atmos.

Thanks for your reply.

That was one of the first things I checked and I just re-checked now and it's active/on.

So this is not the problem 😞

Gromas
Apprentice
Options

@EduadoV wrote:

I have the same problem!

Samsung should fix it.......

Was that just after the Pie update?

0 Likes
Nellu
First Poster
Options

I noticed it also. Didn't matter what settings I tried.  Flashed back to oreo for now and the audio quality is much better than pie.

0 Likes
Gromas
Apprentice
Options

@Nellu wrote:

I noticed it also. Didn't matter what settings I tried.  Flashed back to oreo for now and the audio quality is much better than pie.

So it's not only me imagining stuff..

Does anyone from Samsung actually reads this posts? How do we get this to their attention? 

0 Likes
EduadoV
Journeyman
Options

Yes , I noticed after update the Pie version.

0 Likes
1Galaxyuser
First Poster
Options

This the same for me... i was thrilled to have the update, until I put the sound on the speaker....very disappointed

0 Likes
Gromas
Apprentice
Options
Thank you all for your feedback. It seems like Samsung is not interested in solving this so they can try to sell us new devices. Which is why my S9 is getting slower and slower every day and after every update. Now this brands plan, is to sell devices without chargers to help the environment... Yeah right... We still pay a lot of money for a device, but now it comes with less hardware. Also it's a ticking bomb because in less than an year they will release an update to get the device slower and even unusable... It's becoming ridiculous that just to open the camera or change between open apps this Galaxy S9 drags itself like it's a 20 year old phone.
0 Likes