Support

Open search

S9 Text message ringtone

Highlighted
SOLVED
Apprentice

I can’t seem to assign different tunes to individual Contacts messages anymore but still can with their Call ringtone. Am I doing something wrong, any help TIA.

452 REPLIES 452
Highlighted
Explorer

Thanks for the answer (eventually). Although not the answer anyone wanted at least we have a definitive answer. What still puzzles me is that the coding cannot be much if any different so, we can have individual ring tones but not notification tones. But it seems Samsung can't give a flying  🤬 for what its customers want. Just to rake in the money from its sales and sod the after sales. However what ever I say will not change the fact that Samsung are not going to do anything about it! 

Thanks again for passing on the info. 

Highlighted
Explorer

It's nice to finally get a straight answer to this, but I do agree that it doesnt seem like it should be a difficult thing to setup.  Considering all the other android variants did the same thing I imagine samsung just sees that fixing this is just a waste of their profits.  It's very hard to see a feature that existed for over a decade, back to the very first smartphones and say losing such a useful feature isnt a step backward.  

Highlighted
Voyager

Resistance is futile, all will be assimulated into the Borg (Apple-Google). Smile and deal with itSmile and deal with it

Top Liked Authors